chapter 7

Surprise!

He went back to ignoring me from the next morning onward. He didn't even look me in the eye and ignored me the entire day. I only saw him leaving the house since he came home after I slept.

And then he ignored me the next day also.

I was sitting on a stool in the kitchen watching Madeline cook as she slightly sway her hips to the music banging from the radio.

I knew she was doing all this to brighten my mood and I find that very sweet and kind of her.

"Miss don't be mad " Madeline tried soothing me.

"How can I not be? And please don't call me miss. Call me Camilla"

Madeline's face contorted to a shock.

"Miss I don't think it's right" she uttered in disbelief.

"Please Madeline I don't want to feel like I'm in my office" I gave a her sad smile pleading her.

"Ok Camilla" my lips twitched into a smile after grieving for two whole days.

"Camilla, Sir is afraid to open up. He's afraid of letting someone into his life. He's afraid that it will break him again"

"Again?"

Madeline looked down as if she didn't want to tell. Few moments of silence passed before she spoke again.

"I don't know a lot miss but I don't think it's polite for me to tell sir's personal things. I only know what I have seen and nothing more"

He was a box full of secrets. His entire life was a mystery full of misery and unhappiness. His glare was enough to knock someone to death. Specially that someone being me since he had been doing that a lot.

"Did he have a girlfriend who broke his heart making him afraid to let anyone in?"

Madeline shook her head giving me a small chuckle.

" He never dated. As far as I know. "

My eyes widened in surprise. Well given his rude attitude that might be normal too. But given his handsomeness and his perfect toned body that's sounds very abnormal.

Most girls would give themselves to him if he just asked. His was rich and handsome. The ideal type in most romantic books.

I let out a long sigh and went back to my room to enjoy my horrible life watching Netflix.

...

A few days passed and I was busy with my own work. I was getting ready to go to Germany since I have to meet some designers and there was a lot of work that I have to take care of.

Everything has been stressing me out lately and I haven't spoken to Marcus since that dinner.

I didn't even see him much. I only saw him late at night walking towards the pool. He sat there every night because of his nightmares.

The first day I slept with him he didn't have any nightmares. If having company made him comfortable why didn't he have a girlfriend to take care of him?

His life was very confusing and sad. I felt bad for every day he didn't sleep.

"Sarah! Do you have everything? We can't leave anything behind. I will kill you "

We were walking in a hurry to the airport. RJ has their own private jets but I have my own business and even though it was under RJ, I prefer not to use their things.

I can easily buy my own jet but I never had the interest to. So I took a seat in first class.

Sarah and some of my employees also sat near me.