31- Returns: 2

*Bonus update because #CBJ is killing it! I've decided that I'll do a bonus update every time that the Blue Jackets win unless it's a Sunday or a Wednesday bc I'm real into hockey right now*

“Well, he is really cute.”

“Stop.”

“And he’s apparently really nice too.”

“Please stop.”

“I mean, like he’s extremely cute. Is he single?”

“I’m literally begging you to stop,”

“Ana doesn’t like it when we talk about Niles,” Mia tells Desiree with a small laugh.

“Why not? Keeping him for yourself?” She wonders with a sly grin.

“No, I just don’t like to talk about him,” I shrug. “Because you guys always like to make it sound so romantic and it’s not. I don’t know how many times I’ve told you that we’re just friends.”

“I get that you’re just friends, I’m just saying that he’s incredibly attractive and it’s disappointing that you’re the only person that he talks to here,” Mia explains to me.

“How do you know that I’m the only person that he’s ever talked to here?”

“Because he’s been coming around for a while, waiting for his sister and everything, and he’d always keep to himself. Always. Of course, Renée and I would admire from afar and Johnny would roll his eyes at us but we wouldn’t care. He’s seriously so cute.”

“She doesn’t lie,” Desiree speaks up. We’re sitting at one of the card tables in the common area while playing some weird card game that Desiree has showed us how to play. “If I had the chance, I’d admire that boy from afar too. He’s drop dead gorgeous.”

“Okay, you’re both weird,” I observe. “He’s a really nice, I’m not his friend because he looks attractive.”

“So you admit that he’s attractive,” She grins at me.

“No.”

“Ana doesn’t think in levels of attractiveness,” Mia tells Desiree. “So she doesn’t think that he’s ugly either, she just won’t think about him in any way.”

“I won’t think of him in a physical way,” I say. “I do think things about him, but it’s more of his personality. And he’s really nice and he’s funny and he might be attractive, I don’t know, but it just doesn’t matter to me.”

“You sound like a saint,” Desiree chuckles.

“Right,” I sigh, feeling rather uncomfortable with this subject now. “Anyway, it’s lunch time so shall we go?”

Both of the other girls nod and then stand up from the table so that we can all walk into the lunch room. Once we have our trays of food, we sit back down and start to eat our lunch.

“So, when are you going out again? Do you know?” Mia wonders curiously.

I nod, “Yeah, we’re hanging out on Saturday. It’s nothing to get excited about, I’m just going over to help him with his math.”

“You’re right- that doesn’t sound very exciting,” She agrees with me with a jokingly sad sigh. “That’s disappointing but as long as you’re having a good time, that’s what matters.”

“Thanks,” I chuckle. “It’ll be fun.”

“What’ll be fun?” Somebody wonders from behind me. We all turn to look at who’s talking and we see that it’s Renée standing there. Before I even register what’s happening, Mia is on her feet, barreling herself into the blonde girl’s arms.