⇢ CHAPTER 11

season 5 episode 3 

Looking down at her pager, Holly sighed as she walked down the hall with George

Looking down at her pager, Holly sighed as she walked down the hall with George. Hearing her sigh, George turned his head as he held onto two pencils tightly in his hand, "You okay?"

"I have to go to the Chief's meeting." Holly spoke as she stopped walking, "I wanted to wish you luck when you were with the proctor."

"Well," George smiled as he stopped walking too, "you could wish me luck now."

Holly smiled back, looking around before she kissed George and groaned as she remembered the meeting and leaned back, "Okay, good luck-- not that you need it because I'm sure you'll pass but--"

"Holly."

Holly practically jumped up, "Yeah?"

"The meeting." George reminded.

"Oh, shoot." Holly looked back at her watch, "Right."

Coming back from the clinic and meeting up with Lexie in the cafeteria, Holly walked up to Cristina and Meredith's table with Lexie as they asked, "Can we sit here?"

They gave them no chance to respond as they both sat down and Holly looked back up, smiling when she saw George enter the cafeteria, "George, hey! How--How'd it go?"

George sat down next to Holly silently as he gave her a kiss on the cheek before placing his head down on the table, "I just-- there was a water problem. I mean," Holly began to rub his back, "I'm just trying to help the Chief even though all the medical facts are falling out of my ear and onto the floor."

Lexie leaned over Holly to give George food, "Eat this. It's brain food."

George opened his mouth and ate as Holly suggested, "I could go to my locker and get the index cards if you want."

George swallowed before he spoke, "No, I just want to lie here and rot."

Holly nodded, "Okay."

Alex came in and placed his tray down as he sat, "My dude with the aneurysm? Fell in the water, smacked his head and got stuck in the C.T. machine."

"My patient's dying." Meredith sighed.

"I hate it when I like them and they're dying." Lexie started, "Our guy's been living in pain-- pain at a constant eight because of an inflamed nerve in his nose. That's crazy."

"I wish I had an inflamed nerve in my nose." George added, his head still on the table.

Holly chuckled as she offered him a piece of her salad, which he gladly accepted, "No, you don't."

"There is no way that that guy has been living at an eight." Cristina refuted, "He's a wimp. His eight, my three. I can take pain."

Meredith shook her head, "You can't talk to my boyfriend for ten minutes."

"Well, there's pain and then there's torture." Alex cleaned his hand with his mouth as Cristina continued, "And I can take pain. Seriously, test me."

Meredith laughed before Alex grabbed Cristina's arm and smacked it-- causing a loud smack to echo through the ears of the group and Meredith gasped.

Cristina didn't flinch as she stared at her arm and shrugged, "Nothing."

Alex nodded, impressed, "That's impressive."

"Shut up." George brought his head up, "You barely touched her." Alex did not hesitate to grab George's arm and smack him, which caused George's face to scrunch up in pain, "Ow!"

Holly chuckled at George's expression before Alex tried to grab her arm, "No, Alex!" He managed to grab her arm and slapped it, "Ow!" 

She held her arm as George tried to stop Alex from smacking more people, "Knock it off! Stop it."

"Um," Cristina looked over at Lexie, "how did you diagnose that nerve, because I've never even heard of that condition before?"

Holly held her arm as she offered her cold drink to George to ice his 'injury,' and rolled her eyes when he drank it instead as Lexie answered, "I remembered an article from the 'British Journal of E.N.T.,' and it was issue number forty-seven, page nineteen from 1964."

Holly looked over at Cristina's confused face and elaborated, "Photographic memory."

"Dude," Alex chuckled, "Lex-opedia."

"Oh," George brought his head back down, "I hate you."

"Don't hate me." Lexie said as Holly gave him more of her salad, "I can help you."

Holly came back from helping a patient in the clinic as she walked up to the clinic's nurse's station, "Okay, what's next?"

George passed her a small pile of files and asked, "Are you sure you have time for this?"

Holly smiled, "Positive." She wasn't fully lying or telling the truth, she knew she had to stay in the clinic for the rest of the day, but she was going to make time, "The clinic's going s-l-o-w and I really want you to take your test."

George smiled softly at her, "Thank you." He kissed her lightly before nodding to his proctor, "Thank you."

After finishing up at the clinic, Holly took all of George's, technically the Chief's, files and began to fill out and sort information at the hospital's nurse's station as Mark walked up to her.

"Red." He called out and Holly brought her head up slowly, "You taking the elevator?"

"Nope." She smiled, gesturing to the small pile, "I'm finishing up these files for George, he's taking his test now since he couldn't before."

"Mm." He nodded, "Abandoning Derek and I for your boyfriend?"

Holly looked around with a quirk eyebrow mockingly, "Really? 'Cause I only see you and I'm fine abandoning you for George."

"Wow." Mark put a hand over his chest, "That hurt, Red."

Holly smiled, "Sorry."

After a few more minutes of chatter, Mark decided to go to the bar alone since his friends abandoned him for their partners-- and there he sat, talking with Lexie. 

✧✧✧

double update time again because i feel bad for updating late since 😌✨