- twenty-nine : father

hopefully there are no spelling/grammatical mistakes in the next four chaps LOL

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

12:57am

Makoto was laid on the large futon they had set up on the living room floor in front of the couch. The room was dimly lit; the only light in the room being a small lamp in the far corner of the room. The only audible noise within the room was the loud ass snores coming from Takumi's mouth as he slept beside Makoto.

With her folded hands resting on her abdomen, she stared at the blank popcorn ceilings. The surface would occasionally light up when one of the boys' phones would turn on with a notification.

Her mind was muddled with many thoughts, a vast majority of them being of Karasuno. More specifically, her mind was swarmed with thoughts of the blond glasses-wearing male who was probably fast asleep, trying to get some rest before his big game tomorrow.

Her green eyes darted towards the door upon hearing the door handle jiggle. Hearing a curt knock on the door, she threw her blanket off her body. Carefully, she maneuvered through the maze of sleeping males scattered along the floor and scampered over to the door.

With a quick peek into the peephole, she unlocked the door and opened it for her father who was arriving home from a short business trip.

"What're you still doing up?" Shin asked as he trudged over to the kitchen, taking a seat at the island. He placed his bag down on the floor, tossing his glasses onto counter while dragging a hand down his face.

"Couldn't sleep." Makoto answered as she handed her father a cup of hot tea that he took gratefully. "Too many things on my mind."

He sipped on the tea leisurely, exhaling deeply when the tea filled his empty stomach. Placing it down on a coaster, he looked up at Makoto who was busy making him a plate of food. "How's...Shōyō doing with his matches?"

The question surprised Makoto who hadn't expected that to leave his mouth. He had never really asked much about Hinata after his "divorce" with their mother all those years ago.

"Good. His team is going up against the best team in the prefecture tomorrow. It's a really big deal." Makoto explained as she handed him the plate, watching him slowly dig into the warm meal. Leaning against the counter, she sighed and muttered to herself, "I kinda wish I was there."

Grabbing herself some water, she settled in the seat beside her father who ate his meal quietly. Clearing his throat, he awkwardly started a conversation. "I recall...that you like someone from Miyagi, correct?"

Makoto nodded, slightly perking up upon the mention of her crush.

"What's he like?"

For a moment, she was stumped as to what to say. What is he like?

Before her father could open his mouth again, she smiled and pulled out her phone. Swiping through her camera roll, she showed her father a few pictures of the male.

"When we first met, he told me that he thought I was a boy because I had a 'flat chest.'" Her father rose an eyebrow at the comment, making him wonder why his daughter liked a guy who would say that. "But it didn't really phase me since I found it funny."

"He's really funny. He treated me like an equal from the beginning, not caring whether or not I was a girl or Shōyō's sister. It wasn't hard to get along with him because our personalities somewhat matched up yet clashed." She chuckled, recalling how she could easily bicker with the male without either of them getting upset or angry.

"What made you like this kid? He sounds like a prick." Her father deadpanned, making Makoto lightly giggle.

She shrugged softly, fiddling with her hands sheepishly. "I don't know. I was interested in him from the beginning. At first, it was just out of curiosity then I started subconsciously searching for him everywhere I went. I was thinking about him all the time and when I was beside him, I couldn't stop staring." Makoto explained embarrassedly, flushing red when she realized she was rambling.

"Though," Makoto started as she tilted her head to the side. "It took me a while to figure this out because I didn't know what love felt like. After that confusing relationship with Kichiro, I was puzzled for a long time."

"And how'd you know you liked this kid?" Her father questioned with raised eyebrows.

Makoto smiled, "I knew because I looked at him and thought, I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with him. Even though he's a prick who doesn't speak about his feelings, I wouldn't want to spend my time with anyone other than him."

Shin stared at his daughter, feeling a weird feeling rush through his chest like a bolt of lightning. It made him quickly tear his eyes away from her and run a hand down his face.

"You're just like your mother." He said quietly, seeing a spitting image of his ex-wife in his daughter. They really were alike in the physical and mental aspect. Turning back to Makoto, he shot her a minuscule smile. "You really like this kid, don't you?"

Makoto nodded, smiling softly. "I really do."

The man sighed quietly, reaching up to ruffle Makoto's hair gently. "You're growing up too fast. I'm...sorry that I pushed you aside for so long."

"It's alright, Dad." Makoto smiled, wrapping her father in a short hug. When they pulled away, the male got up and made his way towards the stairs.

"I'm off to bed. You should get some sleep too." He called out as he waved at her over his shoulder. "Bring that kid around one day, will you?"

"Sure." Makoto called out with a chuckle, returning to her futon in the center of the males. Laying down, she smiled to herself as a new-found sense of love filled her. The love from her father she had been yearning for had finally arrived. How nice.

Turning to the side, she wrapped her arms around Hitoshi's body and cuddled the male who wrapped an arm around her while half-asleep.

Within minutes, she fell asleep with Tsukishima on her mind.

[ a/n : hewo! in a few days (maybe two days) i'll post a "chapter" full of book covers + plots for you guys to decide which one book i'll write next () ]