Chapter 9

*** 5 YEARS LATER ***

Elijah's POV

BEEP-BEEP. BEEP-BEEP. BEEP-BEEP.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Let me sleep in peace!

I slap my hand around my night stand until I finally hit the off button on my alarm clock. Why does school have to start so early? It's like they want us to fall asleep in class. I roll over in bed and slowly sink back into my slumber. "Elijah that is the third time your alarm has gone off! You better be up and ready in the next five minutes or I'm waking you up myself!" my dad yells from down stairs. The last time he woke me up I ended up soaked in ice cold water, so that's my cue to get up.

I grab a dark purple t-shirt and black skinny jeans and head towards the bathroom for a shower. After freshening up I dry my wavy hair, toss on my clothes, and go down stairs for breakfast. "Morning mom and dad," I say sauntering into the kitchen. "Oh, so you're finally awake. I thought I'd have to prepare the ice water again," dad says, packing up for work. He works as the local handy man for the pack while my mom is able to stay at home. Whether it's plumbing or electrical problems he's the one everyone calls first. Mostly because the other members who have the same job as him are shit at it.

"Hey, give me a break. I was up late studying like a good little student." Mom laughs and hands me a breakfast sandwich and my bookbag. "Well mister genius, you're running late so breakfast will be to-go today," she says. "Thanks mom." I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, throw on my grey jacket, and step out into the crisp autumn air. Atlantis is waiting outside in her car with Milo and I hop in. Atlantis is wearing her usual plaid shirt and jeans combo; her chestnut brown hair is in a loose ponytail. Milo is wearing his big round glasses, black leggings, and one of his hoodies that always seems to be a bit too big on him.

"Late night again?" she asks backing out of the drive way.

"It's not my fault that I had to study late for the surprise test today," I say, enjoying my sandwich.

"Yes, it is because the test was not a surprise. You had all week!" Milo says.

"Wellthen, I was surprised by how fast a week can go by," I say, shrugging. Milojust sighs and Atlantis shakes her head. To be honest, we're all surprised thatI'm still able to stay a straight-B student with the irregular study schedule Ihave. Soon Atlantis is parking into the senior lot littered with multi-coloredfall leaves at Feral High School. There are still a few students hangingoutside, so that's a good sign.

"You're lucky we're not be late again because of you. Honestly if I wasn't so nice, you'd still be riding the bus," Atlantis says.

"Aww, come on Tissy, school only started a month ago so teachers aren't THAT concerned about attendance. Besides, you know you love me," I say as we leave the parking lot.

She growls at me, "Don't call me that." I can't help but laugh as we all split ways to head towards our classes. Now comes the hard part. Getting through the school day with as little confrontations as possible. There's no time to head to my locker so I head to my classes, avoiding most of the mainstream jocks and dominant bullies at school. I'm technically a jock too, since I'm in the volleyball club, but my team isn't full of assholes. Surprisingly enough I'm not the only omega on it either, there are three others who found this sport easier to join like me. Though because of that some students don't consider it to be a "real sport" since omegas play it. Fucking pricks.

I get through the first three classes before I have to go to my locker to switch out books before lunch. Try as I might to be quick with the exchange, it's still long enough for THEM to appear. Gray and his group of knotheads come sauntering down the hall chanting and howling while receiving some howls in return. Rolling my eyes, I close my locker and try to casually sneak past them. I'm almost in the clear until one of them trailing in the back shoulders me harshly.