Two

His Highness, Prince Mustafa Ali Khan did not like tardiness and carelessness. He liked his things exactly at the same place where he always keeps them. His spacious walk-in closet was home to some of the most luxurious and expensive brands in the world. The collection of his one hundred and three luxury watches is always in the three-drawer chest on the right side of his closet, arranged according to colour and brand name. The perfumes he owned had a separate section next to the watches in his walk-in closet. They were kept in a diamond studded glass cabinet that was sent as a gift for his 21st birthday by the King of Morocco.

Suffice it to say, nothing was ever out of place in his room. So, when he could not find his favourite black suit, he became annoyed and called out for Saifi, the head butler.

"Saifi Sahab, you know I do not like it when my things are not in their assigned places. How come I am not able to find my black suit anywhere?" The Crown Prince asked sternly.

"Forgive me Your Highness, it will not happen again. Meena Bi is new and is still undergoing training. I will see to it that she learns all the rules and regulations quickly." Saifi looked around the closet, when he found the suit, he quickly handed it over to the Crown Prince.

"She better learn quickly because you know there are no second chances Saifi Sahab. Now go to Baba and inform him that I will be leaving with him shortly after breakfast for the cabinet meeting with the chief ministers and governors."

Saifi nodded his head, took his leave and left the Crown Prince's room.

It was no ordinary room maybe because it did not belong to an ordinary person.

It was big enough for twenty people to comfortably live in. The entrance to the room was through double doors that were carved by hand by Shantanu Dev, a famous architect and designer from India in the 1900s. It led to Prince Mustafa's room the walk-in closet could be found on the left. On the right, there was a king sized four poster bed. Only the finest sheets adorned this bed. A translucent off-white chiffon curtain fell from the four posters to cover the bed from the rest of the room because workers and servants often entered the room. Prince Mustafa despite being the most public figure in all of Mughlaan enjoyed his privacy.

His life was unlike any others, not just because he was next in line to rule Mughlaan but because at twenty-seven years of age he was extremely well accomplished. He had a Ph.D. in International Relations and was the Minister of Human Resource and Development of Mughlaan. At 26 he was the youngest ever Minister to be appointed anywhere in the world.

These were not his only accomplishments. He was a very handsome man. His dark brown eyes, sculpted jaw, dark hair and mesmerising smile left people puzzled. It did not help that he was a little over 6 ft. tall and liked to maintain a fit and healthy body.

However, life was never easy for him. It looked dreamy and glamorous from the outside but 'dur ke dhol suhane' very aptly applied to the Royal Family of Mughlaan. The people of Mughlaan all but worshipped them. They were loved immensely and the trust of their people was unprecedented on them but even the moon has scars, nothing was as perfect as it seemed.

He went downstairs to the dining room for breakfast, the King, Queen and Princess were sitting in their respective seats and as expected His Highness, Prince Ahad was late. The Crown Prince went and sat on his seat on the right of his Father.

"Assalamulaikum everyone." He greeted all the members present. The kitchen staff brought breakfast and their mother made a small prayer to Allah like she always did before breakfast each day.

Prince Ahad walked in the room, "Assalamualaikum family. I hope I was missed dearly by all of you in my absence."

Princess Sarah rolled her eyes and the Queen smiled at her youngest son's antics.