Chapter 5

Jiang Miaomiao sat on the toilet for an hour. She didn't dare to move and her legs were numb before she stood up with her pants on.

The original owner doesn't care about her body. Sometimes, in order to rush to work early, she washes her hair with cold water when there's no hot water in the dormitory. In winter, she also drinks cold water directly which caused her menstruation to be extremely irregular and it would flow heavily when it came.

There's no sanitary pads, but fortunately there are many toilet papers. Jiang Miaomiao tore off a long strip, folded it into a small piece and stuffed it in her underwear.

The toilet paper is non-sticky and would move along when she walks, but it's not waterproof and once soaked, it would stain her pants.

She didn't dare to walk around. She stayed in bed all day and never left her bedroom. Once she feels that familiar feeling again, she would quickly replace it with new toilet papers.

Lu Qiming planned to ignore this, but saw that it was dark and she never went downstairs to eat anything other than breakfast. He couldn't help worrying and came to knock on her door.

Knock Knock Knock.

“Are you hungry? I made stir-fried noodles.”

Jiang Miaomiao was changing the tissue paper in the bathroom and replied, “I'll go when I'm hungry.”

Lu Qiming didn't insist, “Okay, I'll put the noodles on the coffee table.”

After he finished speaking, he went back to his room. Jiang Miaomiao put on her pants and looked at the toilet paper in the trash can.

Every piece of paper was soaked in blood. What to do?

In the past, she threw the garbage directly out of the window, but these are fresh human blood. If it's thrown outside, isn't it like shouting at the zombies with a horn: Come, come! There are living people here to eat!

After thinking about it, she decided to burn it all.

Thus, she went downstairs with a trash can, found a small iron bucket, poured some diesel into it then poured the papers inside and lit it.

Diesel oil is particularly flammable and the flames would flicker high.

Jiang Miaomiao was afraid of burning the house so she crouched next to it and waited for the fire to go out.

Lu Qiming heard the movement downstairs. He picked up a stool as a weapon and went down the stairs to check.

In the flickering light of the fire, a girl was squatting beside the iron bucket in white pajamas. Her small pale face was illuminated by the fire into different light and dark colors. A group of blood was slowly blooming on her pants.

“What are you doing?” He put down the stool.

“Nothing, you go back.”

She didn't want to talk to a man she had only known for a few days.

“It's night time, the hearing and vision of the zombies are at its peak. If they found that there's fire light here, they would definitely gather here.”

She gave a cry, “What should I do then?”

“Put it out first.”

Lu Qiming found a washbasin as a lid and put it on the bucket. The fire was soon extinguished.