Chapter 19

Sid returns in the evening from his new job at the Travel company to find some of his neighbours sitting in his living room. His mother and Shini are arranging sweets for them. Sid entering the room asks," Yeh sab kya chal raha hai yahaan?" One of the aunties get up and coming near him says,"Congratulations beta!Hum sab tumhe yahaan badhai dene aye hain..Sana se shaadi hui hai, it's such a big thing for us. Has she come with you?" Sid's temper starts to raise, he says," Yeah, she is with me. I carry her in my pocket. You want to see." The aunty makes face and goes back to sit.

Sid says," Baithne ki taklif na karein. I got your wishes, now please get out of my house." Sumitraji says," Yeh kya bol raha hai Sid?" Sid says to his mother," Maa, I am saying the right thing. These are people had come with bouquets when I was made hero by media. And they suddenly changed when I lost my job. These are the same people who looked down upon me and gossiped behind my back when I was arrested. (Pointing to the boy sitting at one corner) Their useless son shot video that created such a big mess. Please maa, these people only enjoy on other's pathetic condition. They are here today just to meet the Bollywood actress, Sana. " Sid turning to them says,"Meethai khane ke liye baithein ab tak? Maa pack kar ke deedo." The neighbours get up and leave the room immediately.

Sana is sitting on the couch of the living room, still shocked with the events. She is numb with Sid's behaviour. He is now her husband. Husbands don't leave their newly wedded wives like the way he left. Rinky brings water for her and shakes her to get her back to the present.

Mamiji has already started her drama, "Kaise log Hain, kahan shadi karwa aap ne. Sab iss ladki ki bajah se hua hai. How dare that boy insult you, insult us?" Mamaji remains silent during the course of Mamiji's drama. After thinking a lot, he says," Teji bas kar abb." He sits down beside Sana and says,"Putar tu kya abhi bhi uss ghar jana chahati hai?" Mamiji interupts,"You are still asking her? She is stupid girl. Aap vakil se baat karo. Khatam karo iss nakli shadi ko." Mamaji stares at her and she shuts up. Mamaji finding Sana quite says,"You will never stay happy in that house. Your Mamiji is right. Let me talk to the lawyer and end this marraige. You don't have to worry. Rinky ise uske kamre mein lehjaa."

Rinky holds Sana and she gets up. But instead of going to her room, she stays there. She says,"I am his wife now. I will stay with him. Mein agar usse chod deti hun, sab haseinge. No I can't let him laugh on me." Mamaji says," Who will laugh at you? Don't be mad." Sana's eyes are now burning with rage and tears come rolling down. She starts throwing everything she gets her hands on. Like a mad woman she cries,"I can't be a laughing stock for him. I can't let Asim win. Sid will care for me. He is good man. He is my husband. I will go to him."

After the neighbourhood party leaves Sid's flat, he hears the sound of cars outside. Sid, his mother and sister goes out to the balcony to find few cars stopping in front of their building. They find the full family of Sana getting down from the cars.

The family gets up and reach their floor. Mamaji and Mami ji in the front with Sana, followed by Rinky and Bunty. Few servants and driver at the back with bags and other items. Reaching their door, Mamiji say," Aap log toh nahi aye, hume hi apni beti ko yahaan lana pada. Uff..kya kya dekhna pad raha hai..Won't you welcome the bride in your house now? Sumitraji why are you standing there?" Sumitraji looks at Shini and she goes inside the kitchen and comes out with a puja thali.

Mamiji says,"Jamaiji bahar aayiye.." Sid does not move from his place. Sumitraji says,"Sid, jaa. Yeh riwaz hai, ek saath nibhatein hai." Sid smiles and says," Ek saath? Really?" Sumitraji stares at him angrily and Sid goes outside near the door, standing beside Sana. Sumitraji does the arti, puts tikka on their foreheads and they both touch her feet. Shini puts a kalash filled with rice and a plate full of Alta near the door. Mamiji then instructs Sana to tilt the kalash filled with rice with her right foot and then dip her feet in plate of alta before entering the house. Sana does as instructed and enters the house.

Sid then finding Mamiji entering the house says," Is there any tradition that bride's family must enter too?" Mamiji gives him a angry look and Sid continues,"Waise bhi Mamiji our house is not up to your standards. It is the size of your bathroom and there is no AC. You won't be comfortable here. Sana ko bhej diya so now kindly leave." Sumitraji says," Stop it Sid." Mamiji stares at him and says,"Hume koi shauk nahi hai yahaan rehne mein. We have some gifts to give you as a part of tradition and then we will go." Sid replies,"Dear Mamiji like you had said, this flat is small. There is no space for your gifts. So kindly take them away and leave." Sumitraji interrupts," Sid enough now. Is this the way to talk to elders?" Sid says,"I am leaving but when I return, mein naahi gifts or naa gifts dene walon ke mere ghar mein dekhna chahta hun. Iss ghar mein sirf Sana aur uske ke saman ke alawa kuch nahi ayega. Get this straight." He storms out of the flat.

Sid returns at night and finds all the cars gone. He enters the flat and looks around for any gifts. Finding no gifts lying anywhere, he goes into his room. There his mother and sister are sitting. His mother asks," Kahan tha itni der tak. Chal khana laga deti hun." Sid sits down on the bed and says," Bhuk nahi hai. I had eaten something outside. Did they take Sana with them?" He smiles after saying that. Sumitraji says," No she is resting in the bedroom. You also go and rest." Sid asks,"Where will I go? This is my room. You both go and sleep." Sumitraji shakes her head and says," Sid, it was your decision to marry Sana. I had nothing to say. But now that she is in this house, you have to give her that place as your wife." Sid smiles and says," Wife?" Sumitraji says," She is your wife, and you will stay in one room now." Sid stands up and says," Then she has to stay in this room." Sumitraji says," Where will she sleep here?" Sid says," She has to learn to adjust." Sumitraji knows she can't argue with her son. She says," Thik hai. Magar aaj nahi. Aaj uss kamre mein jao. And it's my order."

Sid has no other option but to do as his mother says. He freshens up and goes into the room to get the shock of his life. The bed has been decorated with flowers for their first night. And Sana is sitting on the bed, dressed in a gorgeous attire and jewellery. Sid closes the door and comes and stands near the bed. Sana lifts her head, blushing like a bride and smiles. She says," How am I looking? Beautiful na?"

Sid had already lost his temper, he asks," What's all these?" Sana looks confused and asks,"What?" Sid looks angrily at her and holding the flowers he says,"These?" Sana smiles and says,"Oh, woh Rinky and Bunty bhaiya ne sajaya hai. Our first night bed." Sid pulls away the flowers arranged on the bed and starts throwing it on the ground. Sana gets up from the bed and tries to stop him," Kya kar rahe ho? Stop." Sid does not stop until all the arrangement has been destroyed.

Sana tries to hold his hand in an attempt to cool him down. Sid in the rage holds her arms and pull her closer. He says," Tum logon ko sharam nahi ati hai. You think I am your puppet. I will marry you, go to your house, be happy seeing this arrangement. You could have got yourself a pet." Sana in fear whispers," We are married now. I came here as you asked. Why are you angry then? It is our first night together. That's why.." Sid looking into her eyes says," Is this the reason, you desperately wanted to marry me? Really? Right..right..fine..let's have our first night.." Saying this he puts his lips on her and pushes her against the wall. Pinning her hands down, he starts pulling down her jewellery and kissing the nape of her neck. He again kisses his lips and looks at her and finds fear in her eyes. He releases her immediately and backs down.

He turns away and says," I never had imagined you could be like this. You wanted to sleep with me, so you married me? But I am sorry, you can't have me. I can't touch you. I can't..Go to sleep." He gets out of the room going into the balcony. Standing there he thinks, 'Look what you have turned me into. I never thought you were such a girl. I am not a monster. I can't be even if I try. But you will repent what you have done. You wanted to be my wife. Then you will now learn how to be a good wife.'

Hi all,
Sorry to keep you waiting..hope it's good..
Keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..I will be waiting for your comments..
Lots of 💕💕💕💕