Chapter 4

Archer's PoV~

It took me hours to calm down. But these past few days have been hard.

Alexander is stressed and so am I.

I apologized to Bella and Joel the next morning. They were very understanding and they agreed to keep the information that the rogue is my mate to themselves. I don't want anyone finding out about it.

But they left the same day. I knew they wanted to help in any way they could but I needed to be alone. My wolf has been on edge and the last thing I need is to scare Bella again.

The morning after the incident in my office, I set up ten different search parties. Each group was made up of five warriors of mine. I sent them in different directions with the same orders. Find her and don't harm her.

I haven't heard back from any of them and its been three days. I have a feeling they aren't going to find her.

She's experienced. She's been a rogue for a long time, that much I could tell by the fact that there aren't any records of her in any packs.

She was most likely born a rogue.

But I still wanted to do something with her scent. Alpha Darren gave me that cloth and he expects me to give a copy of her scent to all the Alphas and warriors to track her down. So, I need to give them another scent. A scent close enough to the real one, so Darren doesn't notice the change, but also different enough that my mate won't get found.

There is only one person I know that is capable of doing what I need. Eleanor.

Eleanor is a witch that lives outside my borders. We have a deal. I protect her by not letting anyone know she exists, and she does any favor I need.

Witches were hunted and sold long before my time, causing their species to nearly be extinct in my Kingdom. Very few remain.

Eleanor's cabin wasn't far and it barely took me any time at all to get to her.

"Alpha Archer, what do you need?" She asked as I stepped into her home.

"I need you to alter this scent." I held the cloth out to her. She took it from my hands, nearly making Alexander whine.

"Okay. I can get it done in a few hours. Come back in-"

"I'll stay here until it's done," I stated firmly.

She turned back around and gave me a weird look. I could leave and come back later tonight but once she alters the scent, there wouldn't be any left of the original. My mate's scent is the only thing I have of her but I need to give it up to ensure her safety.

If I stay here while Eleanor does her magic, I can take in her scent while I still can.

"Is everything alright? You look... tried." She asked with a hesitant tone.

I wasn't alright. Not one bit.

My mate is somewhere in my land and I don't know where. She could be hurt and we wouldn't know.

"Just... Please get it done. Take your time." I signed.

I took a seat near the door and watched as Eleanor entered her back room, away from my sight.

I concentrated on the scent of cinnamon and apples as my hand wondered into my pocket and pulled out the thin piece of paper. It was the piece of paper that Alpha Darren used to write down my mate's description.

Small- no taller than 5'8

Pale skin

Brown/red long hair