10. ARE YOU A WOLF ANIMAGUS?

| CHAPTER TEN |

ARE YOU A WOLF ANIMAGUS?

"EARLIER TODAY PROFESSOR MOODY PLACED the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position," Dumbledore announced. Dawn watched on from the stands, a sick feeling in her stomach, one that she just hoped was nerves. 

"You alright?" Remus asked her, the older man was seated on her right and very clearly noticed not only her leg bouncing but her also her complexion, which was unnaturally pale. 

"Yeah," The redhead muttered, nodding softly, "Just nervous for Harry," She confessed, she finally tore her eyes from the fourteen year old that stood in front of the maze, fear visible in his expression, and glanced over at Remus, smiling softly at him.

"He'll be okay," Remus reassured her, placing his hand on top of hers; which was currently resting on her bouncing knee.

Dawn felt warmth spreading through her entire body at the feeling of Remus' calloused fingers stroking her scarred ones. She had no clue where the random surge of confidence came from but as it did, she suddenly interlocked their fingers together and before either of them could stutter out a sentence Dumbledore's booming voice caught their attention once again.

"Now, as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter are tied in first place, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum and Miss. Delacour."

Loud cheers echoed throughout the stands as family, friends and school mates cheered for their schools. The loudest cheers seemed to be coming from the right of the stands, where men were shouting 'Krum' over and over again whilst banging large sticks.

"The first person to touch the Cup will be the winner!" Dumbledore announced. He turned his back to the crowd and gathered the four champions around him, telling them something in a hushed voice for several minutes before two openings suddenly appeared in the large maze. With nervous looks back at the crowd, Harry and Cedric finally entered, the vines wrapping themselves back around to hide the students from peering eyes. It was only five minutes later when Krum and Fleur were finally let in, leaving the crowd anxiously waiting for their return.

Dawn suddenly realised that her hand was still tucked into Remus' much larger one, finally building up some courage (after several minutes of mental pep talk) the redhead turned her body to face the man besides her, suddenly interested in something that's been on her mind for several days now, "So I know why Sirius is Padfoot, where did Moony come from?" She questioned,  her voice quiet enough for no peering ears to hear but loud enough for Remus to be able to make out her words, "Are you a wolf animagus?"

Remus' eyes suddenly widened, "Erm...Yeah, something like that."

Dawn's eyes inspected his face when suddenly a light bulb went off in her mind. Her eyes carefully danced over the scars that littered almost every visible inch of Remus' body as her mind suddenly began to put the puzzle pieces together; the strange tiredness every few weeks, the wolf puns Sirius always used, "Wait...You're not an animagus are you?" She asked carefully, not wanting to pry too much or accidentally offend the man.

But before Remus could reply, the loud chattering from the crowds suddenly stopped, leaving the entire stands in complete silence with a few people gasping in shock. Dawn suddenly feared that someone overhead their conversation, but then her eyes landed on bright red sparks she realised they were in the clear but panic quickly set in. She swallowed her fear as she watched the maze re-opening, it soon revealed the blonde female, lying on the ground, her chest heaving up and down whilst her eyes stared up at the sky, pure fear in them. 

Dawn watched as the Headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy rushed over to her student, pushing past everyone else and falling down besides her. It took several minutes to get the woman to move away so Madam Pomfrey could take the blonde to the hospital wing, but once she did the crowd seemed to calm down, awaiting for someone to find the Cup.