2 : Can we talk about something else?

• Suhana •

• Suhana •

"Now, you look perfect!" Megha squealed after fixing my hair.

It was around 6:30 pm and the birthday party starts at 7pm. I wore a simple jean and black lace crop top and was actually about to leave by 6, but then Megha stopped me and made me understand that I looked like a sick pig.

After some time, she finally picked up a dress from my cupboard. It was a Strapless Sleeveless Sequin Knee-Length Pale blue dress. It was a dress she gifted me for my last birthday. She forced me to wear that, though I had always procrastinated to wear that costume as I felt that I might look a little weird in that.

I am very bad at wearing makeup, so she chose to help me which made me suspicious on why she was so sweet to me today.

After putting on some makeup, she then curled my hair and let it down as I grabbed my fancy golden purse, and the small gift which was neatly gift wrapped , and was ready to leave for the party.

"Bye Megha!" I was about to exit my door when she called me out.

"Suha!" She whispered as I turned back.

"Thank you!"

"Huh--For what?!"

"Don't try to act, I know because of you only mum, decided to meet Rohit. Thanks for speaking to mum!"

I could see her eyes glisten, she was obviously very happy. I just gave a small smile and waved a bye.

"Bye mom!" I screamed as I entered the living room from my room.

"Bye Suha, come back soon!" Mum said with her eyes fixed on the book, and it looked like she was taking some notes.

"What are you doing mom?" I asked with a pinch of confusion as I moved closer.

"I am just writing down the dishes I have to prepare tomorrow!" She grinned.

"For what?!"

"Suha!! How can you forget?? Tomorrow Rohit and his parents are coming home to meet us. So,we need to be good hosts and make them feel comfortable."

"Uh--whatever" I sighed and booked a cab.

"Ankita, you reached?" I asked with the phone tightly pressed to my ears as I relaxed in the backseat.

"Suha tell me something---"

"Uh what Anki?"

"I look good in black or red?" Her tone reflected a bit of disappointment.

"You look good in black anki and---wait--You haven't even decided on your outfit yet?" I face palmed.

"Uh--no, I was confused on what to wear that's why I called you, Anyways I will be by 8pm"

"Okay try to come soon" I sighed and disconnected the call.

I thought dealing with Vivaan would be easy if Ankita was there, but now I have no idea on how I am going to manage until she comes.