Chapter 13

Time flies without realization as it was the first day of promotions for NCT DREAM as a group of six. It has also been two days since the official music video titled "My First And Last" released, as it gave a slight relief to the boys who worked extremely hard for this comeback. The reviews were a mix, people loving it and some not so much but the boys didn't mind as they see it as a lesson to improve more as a rookie group. There were also fans who mentioned a few things about Jaemin, on how they missed him as they they gave sweet messages of comfort and some "get well soon"s in the comment section all over social media.

There stood the group's leader, Mark who was staring at himself right in front of the mirror. He felt nervous as this was the second time the group has to perform after a while, well not really. The boys were now in their dressing room along with the staff, getting ready for their first comeback performance on Music Bank Live. As a group of teenagers they are, Chenle decided to play a game with members to keep everyone busy till its time for them to perform.

"nct dream! your'e up in 5," says one of the building's staff whom suddenly has barged into the room. The boys gave each other looks and stood up as all of them went up for their signature dreamies cheer.

"all hands in!" The leader started as the others did what was told. They circled around and placed their hands in the center.

"lets do this for us and jaemin," Mark states before going in for the cheer. They all hyped one another before storming out their dressing room.

-

"are they on yet!?" yells the teenage boy from upstairs. Another individual enters the living room from the kitchen with a bag of chips on her hands. She sat down on the couch right infront of the tv as she listened to the hosts speaking. She raised up the volume and placed it on the table.

"nope!"

She lays back on the couch, making herself feel comfortable as she starts to dive her hands into the bag chips, devouring it. The teenage girl couldn't believe that she would watch any of these music shows. She has never and had no interest in watching them anyways. Jaemin was the one who made her watch and stayed home instead of joining her family to watch a movie downtown.

But Shinrae didn't mind it either because she knew how much the boys meant to him and she didn't want to leave him all alone. Plus, the movie that her family was about to watch was a cartoon animation which was also something she didn't like that much as well. The sound of footsteps heading downstairs alerted her as she turned to see Jaemin with a towel around his neck as he dried his hair.

Shinrae eyes up at Jaemin to see a smile on his face. He plopped on the couch next to Shinrae, making her startled. She eyed him in annoyance as he turned to give her a apologetic smile. The two turned their attentions to the tv and a watched the show silently.

at first.

Shinrae stayed put on her side of the couch as she watched Jaemin cheering madly at his members that was now performing screen. She was surprised at his actions as she has never seen him this energetic before because he went from jumping on the couch to now dancing. Jaemin was in his own world, he felt like a proud parent on the other side of the screen as he watched his members. He felt slightly happy to see his friends, live even though they weren't face to face but he was glad to see them.

Tired, he finally sat back down on the couch as he continued to watch while catching his breath. Shinrae had her eyes on the screen as she too, watched nct dream perform. Jaemin turned to look at her who had her eyes glued on the tv, making him smile.

"see, i knew you'd like them" Jaemin said in confidence only to receive a scoff from Shinrae.

"who is he?" she said as she points up on the tv. Jaemin turned back to the tv  to identify who was she pointing at.

"oh you mean him? that's jeno," he said as he pointed out to the boy with dark hair along with his dark green highlights.

"ooo he's hot," she said.

Jaemin had his eyes wide open when he heard what she just said about his friend. He can't help but to let out a small scoff which he thought wasn't noticeable. He laid against the couch right next to Shinrae as she looked him who was now silent, as he proceeded to watch the show.

"what's wrong with you?" she questions as she raised an eyebrow. Jaemin didn't react to it other than shaking his head in response. He didn't know why he felt such a way but he kind of envied jeno after being complimented by Shinrae.
"yah!" she whined as he pushed him off.

"just watch the show!" he spats as he got back up in place with his eyes just glued onto the tv.

As time passed by 20, it was finally heading towards the end of the show and the two remained quiet as they were earlier. Without realization, Jaemin was now laying against Shinrae's shoulder as he waited till the boys weren't in sight anymore. Shinrae didn't pay much attention to it as like she said, she wasn't interested and Jaemin knew about it but he didn't even bother to ask why she chose to stay.

The show finally ended and the two still remained in such position earlier. Shinrae was now on her phone while Jaemin surfed through the channels. He suddenly frowned to himself, thinking about his friends. Wondering how and what they're doing right now. As a stubborn teenager he is, he thought they might busy practicing again. The thought made him annoyed and irritated, he was still mad to this day.

"hey my dad's ordering take out, what do you want?" Shinrae suddenly questions him, made him shook out of his thoughts as he looked up. With a surprise, the two were now facing eachother, close. Too close making him stutter his words as he gets nervous.

"hmm?" she hummed. Jaemin looked at her who seems to be unbothered by how close they are right now. He cleared his throat as he backed away.

"I'll just have what you're having," he said as he gulped. Shinrae nods as she turned to her phone, typing in as she texted her father. Soon after, she finally puts her phone down and turned to Jaemin. She noticed how quiet he was for awhile and she thought it was strange as he was just dancing like a mad man earlier. She gave herself a mischievous smile as she leaned closer to him, he eyed her instantly.

"do you like me na jaemin?"