• 100 •

Author's note: Mass update of 3 chapters to celebrate hitting 100 chapters and almost hitting 500k reads.

I never achieved 500k reads before, it's so unreal, lmaooo.

Also, updated earlier because it is a busy day for me tomorrow and I will not be able to update.

Cecil stumbled back in horror. 

No, this person isn’t Veau.

Even though they look like an exact replica of him, his mannerisms and character is nothing like Veau.

Zeau took a step closer to Cecil before pausing. He raised his hand to his face, touching it and Cecil could only observe him with wide eyes, still trying to process who she was looking at.

“Oh, that’s right, I am no longer wearing the mortal disguise,” Zeau sighed, shaking his head. “Veau removed it.” 

“You aren’t...Veau.” 

“I am not, my name is Zeau,” he introduced himself, still smiling genially. “If I was in my mortal disguise, I would go by the name of Elian.” 

The moment Cecil heard him introduce his second name, she staggered back, blanching. 

Isleif eyed Zeau with an evil glint, rushing at him without warning. All of a sudden, a fight broke out between the two of them. One a half-mortal with demonic blood in him, the other a complete demon. 

[ Congratulations, you have triggered and fixed another plothole!
Zeau, also known as Elian, is the infamous right-hand man of Veau in the novel.
The entire time, like Veau, he had been in disguise. 
He had never once revealed his true appearance, until now, where you stumbled upon it by accident due to the butterfly effect. ]

[ Optional Mission #9: Elian’s True Appearance
Objective: Reveal the true mask behind Elian’s disguise
Reward: 2000 points ]

[ You are now no longer at 0 points~ ]

Cecil blinked rapidly, inhaling deeply as she tried to process another series of shocking revelations. One after another, it was too much for her to absorb in a few minutes. 

The lazy author...what has she been doing with the story the entire time?!

Why are all the bad guys showing their true faces and appearing out of nowhere?!

Zeau brought out his flute coated with dark magic, elongating it by coating it even more in dark magic. Soon enough, his flute became a blurry, inky black sword. 

“Since you drank my blood, you are no longer as rational,” Zeau mused out, relaxed as he continued smiling in a friendly manner. “I would ask you to take out your greed for power not on me, but on the original owner of your soul.” 

“I don’t care.” 

Isleif was strong in this twisted form, alas, he was nothing compared to Zeau. Within a minute, Zeau managed to bring Isleif down to his knees. 

“Ugh.” 

Zeau narrowed his eyes at Isleif on the ground, his smile dropping. “Worthless vermin.”

Isleif coughed out a mouthful of blood, his blank eyes staring up at Veau. It was like Zeau said, his rationality was slowly diminishing, and the only thought in his mind was to prove that he was stronger than anyone else.