Entanglement (2)

Malia rushed into the mansion, running up the spiral stairs and into the room she and Melo shared. She was now in the anger stage, and was more mad than hurt.

Grabbing the luggage from out of her closet, she stuffed her suitcase with items not even caring to fold them or make it neat. What was the point? After filling up one suitcase she made her way to her child's room, filling up a smaller one with his clothes.

Melo walked into the room laying a sleeping Cairo down in his crib. Melo snatched the stuff out Malia's hand, while holding his finger to his lip so she would be quiet. Knowing her, she was going to try to start another argument.

Swiftly he grabbed her arm pulling her out of Cairo's room and into theirs. He locked the door and stood in front of it so she couldn't try and leave. "Melo move." She folded her arms. She was in no mood to entertain his bullshit.

"Malia please." He spoke softly. Malia noticed his eyes glistened and her heart broke knowing he was about to cry. She hated how much she cared about him, because why should she give a fuck that he was hurting. He knew what the fuck he was doing.

"Baby don't leave me. I-I just let me explain."

She stayed quiet, just looking at him.

"She doesn't mean anything to me, it was just an entanglement."

Malia rolled her eyes, how cliche of him to say. "How can you say that Lamelo? She has pictures of you two laid up together. Obviously she meant something to you if you were willing to be photographed." He noticed the vein in her forehead pop out as she strained her face trying to comprehend his logic.

Oh she was mad, mad.

"I promise you she doesn't. I was just doing all that to get what I wanted. I never stayed with her longer than an hour, If that."

"Oh is that supposed to make me feel better?" Malia scoffed. A hour that could've been given to his family, not some random bitch. She thought.

"No." He held his hand to his forehead, giving up. There was no use of explaining, there was no way he could say things that would make what he did okay.

"So, like why'd you go in the first place?" Malia frowned finally asking the question that had been eating her insides. "Was I not enough?"

"I dunno it was just, you know we hit that rough patch in the last part of your pregnancy. When we wouldn't even sleep in the same bedroom..., or barely even speak to each other. So when she came on to me I .. I couldn't help it." He sighed realizing how much of a dickhead he actually was after hearing it out loud. "But once everything got better I stopped messing with her but it was too late. She told me was... you know."

Malia shook her head, the tears that had been brimming her waterline finally fell in rapid streams down her face. Melo quickly stepped to her. Holding her into his arms.

"meloo." She cried out squeezing him she wish he could feel how much he hurt her inside. There was nothing compatible to this pain, not even labor. "I hate you so much." She cried into his chest.

"I know, Malia, I'm sorry." A couple tears fell from his face too. He was upset he hurt her this much. He was upset that he hurt her period. He hated knowing he was the reason why she felt this way, but he couldn't blame her. What he did was terrible and why it happened wasn't her fault. She was pregnant and couldn't control her emotions, and he should've understood that. But instead he went and let someone else breach their relationship.

"I have to go Melo, please understand that. I-I I just can't live in this house, or even look at you.. knowing you touched another woman while with me."