• 102 •

Author's note: End of mass update! For those who really like Xue, this chapter will be a rollercoaster ride for you 🤧.

Actually, who am I kidding. This whole arc is a rollercoaster ride, hah.

Xue was still planning on the various ways to make Isleif suffer, when the soul fragments in his head started talking again.

Kai: “Are you going to kill him?” 

Zasiok: “Don’t kill him, Xue, not yet. Make him suffer.”

Leonaut: “Bring that bastard in here, I’ll give him a real good thrashing!” 

Kai and Zasiok joined in, sharing their agreement with Leonaut.

It wasn’t only Xue who wanted to see Isleif suffer for what he did to Cecil, the other soul fragments were equally enraged. 

They wanted to beat him up, and give them a piece of their mind.

Alric was too afraid to say anything, since he could feel the intensity of Xue’s wrath. However, he also felt an urge to give Isleif a good punch, which was unlike his cowardly self.

Sid: “I get to see a good show! Hey, do you have any food around here?” 

All the soul fragments looked at Sid.

Sid: "Why look at me like that?"

Most of the soul fragments either shook their heads or smacked their faces with their own palms. 

Kai: "...dude, really?"

Sid: "What?"

Xue: "..."

Isleif chuckled humourlessly, panting as he taunted loudly. “You want to kill me only when I am this weak?"

Everyone watched with bated breaths, expecting Xue to kill him right on the spot.

Xue continued staring coldly at Isleif, before he stepped, keeping Isleif stuck to the ground using his spear. Surprisingly, Xue did not kill Isleif but brought out a red orb. He proceeded on to the soul absorption process, not saying any word. 

Isleif began to feel something tugging at his core, as if sapping away at his lifeforce. 

“Oh…” Zeau breathed out, still not moving from his spot as he watched on.

He wondered what it would be like for Xue to absorb a human who had become a partial demon, the demon blood running rampant in him. 

Cecil was horrified, and Hana noticed her reaction.

“Cecil?” 

Cecil rushed over to Xue’s side, despite her bruised and injured body, grabbing Xue's arm.

"Xue, he is--"

"I am not stopping this time," Xue muttered lowly as he glanced towards Cecil, seeing the injuries on her body and he felt the rage bubbling within him. “No matter what you tell me.” 

He lifted his head up, his gaze focused on Zeau. 

I’ll be coming for you next, you bastard.

Zeau noticed Xue’s furious stare on him, smiling genially. 

“No, Xue, he consumed demon blood! Your blood is that of an angel, not a demon!” Cecil exclaimed, panicking as she tightened her grip on his arm. “He is clearly still alive, if you absorb him now--”