31.

Meera woke up feeling cold, she snuggled closer to the only source if warmth she could feel. A warm blanket enveloped her, she smiled at the comfort.

She felt her body vibrate, and she heard someone laugh softly, a pair of warm lips kissed her forehead making her smile wider.

Slowly at a sloths speed she realised that someone was in her bed holding her, she opened her eyes in a flash and scrambled up from the bed but came crashing down on top of the body which had caged her between their arms.

"Trying to sneek our my queen ?" She met his green eyes as she lay on top of him, a thin fabric which was wrapped around her separated them.

"N..No." Meera cleared her throat.

"Are you sure ?" Haider smirked making her blush more.

"I.. can you let me go please ?" She said looking away from his face.

"Let you go ? I don't think so." He said and flipped them, he was now on top of her again.

"Haider." Meera whispered.

"What my queen."

"Please."

"Please fuck you? I would but I'm sure you would be sore"

"No." Meera said quickly. "I mean please let me go."

"Never my queen, I'm never letting you go." He said and captured her lips into a loving kiss. Leaving her breathless.

"Now it's past noon and I'm sure you need a bath." He said getting up from the bed and scooping her up in his arms. "I've prepared you a bath, you can soak in and enjoy I've already had mine but if you say I could join you."

"It's past noon?" Meera asked as he carried her to her bathroom.

"That's all you take from what I said ?God my woman doesn't care that the king of this country has prepared a bath for her neither does she respond to my offer at joining her for that shower."

"Sorry." Meera said hiding her face in his chest making Haider chuckle.

"Well my queen I would have assisted you in here as well." Haider said placing her in her small pool of warm water. "But I'm sure you want to have lunch with Ammi Be and the Harem so be quick I'm outside.

Meera relaxed in the warm water, she rubbed in her oils and powders cleaning her body and her hair. She got out and wrapped her large towel around her body and walked into the small adjoining room with her clothes.

She picked out a navy blue lehnga and quickly slipped into it, she towel dried her hair and walked out into her bedroom, Haider was sitting on the bed reading one of her book.

"Do you like to read ?" He asked looking at her from her dressing mirror.

"Hmm." She said lining her eyes with khol.

"You should pick books from the library then." He said playing her book down on the side table.

"There is a library in the palace?" She asked surprised.

"Of course there is Meera." He said getting up from the bed walking towards her. "It's in my section of the palace. You can come and get anything you want from there."

"I don't know where you live." Meera said pouting, he stood behind her watching as she placed her bindi on her forehead making her look tenfolds more beautiful. She pulled open the a drawer and got a small box out, she open it and pinched some vermilion and placed it between the partition hair.

Haider knew what that meant, she had never put sindoor till today, she had accepted him as her husband fully and it made him happy beyond bounds.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and pulled her up and turned her to face him. He leaned in and capture her lips into a long kiss, leaving her breathless, he placed his forehead on hers and pushed back the strand of hair on her face.

"I stay right there." He said pulling her to the balcony and pointing straight.
He lived in section of the palace right opposite to hers, she could see a large balcony from her own.

"That's where you live ?" Meera asked surprised. "Why have I never seen you then."

"Because you never tried to look for me." He said kissing behind her ear making her shiver and that made him chuckle.

"Let's go now I have to take care of some responsibilities as a king and you my queen have an harem to look after." He said, holding her hand in his and walking out of her room towards the harem courtyard.

The Harem was bustling as usual, the courtyard was busy with women talking, chatting preparing for lunch.
The heavy chattering broke down to whispers and then silence as Meera and Haider walked.

"Oh my babies!" Ammi Be exclaimed as she looked at the two walking in hand in hand. "We thought you were sick when you didn't come out if your room all day Meera, but now I understand." Ammi Be said with a sly smile.

"Nahi Ammi Be aisa Kuch Nahi hai ." Meera said frantically her neck and cheeks had turned red from embarrassment.

"Aisa kya Nahi hai Meera ?" Haider teased her with a smirk.

"Haider please." Meera pulled her hand out of his and sat next to Ammi Be burring her face in Ammi Be's chest, making everyone laugh.

"I'll take your leave my ladies, I'll see you at dinner." Haider said and left.

The harem again broke into a buzz, now about the king and queen.

In the corner, a few feet away from the main platform where the ladies of royal family sat, Zulekha looked at the floor avoiding meeting anyone's eyes, the pain in her gut was killing her and her eyes reflected the pain.

"Killing you isn't it ? Watching them together like this. I know how it feels to see the man you love with somebody else but don't worry Zulekha, the higher they fly the harder will the fall be." Kanika whispered to Zulekha who brushed her tears and nodded.

"I want to see her crashing down."

"Me too, and I promise you that we will."

AN: I'm so so so grateful for all the love I've been reviving from old readers and the new ones too, all the lovely messages and comments.
We've come a long way in a short time and I so wish I knew all my readers personally you guys are so amazing and motivating it makes my heart buzz with joy.
I really want to reply to the lovely messages I receive but there are some issues with my account which currently restricts me from sending a message.

I've been writing I promise you that, however my words aren't justifying Meera and Haider's story.
I've deleted a couple chapters that I had written, I have just two more drafts left.
I don't want to write something which isn't up to the mark and spoils everything we all have built so far.

Next update will on on Friday or the moment this chapter reaches 80
Please vote silent readers.
I love you guys xoxo