Chapter 117

***

***

The Gryffindor common room was empty that night except for the seventh years, who had gathered around to relax in the silence, enjoying every moment before being loaded with homework the next day in their N.E.W.T classes.

      But the silence was broken brutally when the portrait hole burst open and someone ran inside, yelling, "SHE SAID YES!"

      Turning around in shock, they saw James running inside, but the next moment he fell down with a yelp and everyone gasped, getting to their feet to make sure he was all right.

        "You okay, Prongs?" Sirius asked, watching James as he got to his feet.

       "Never better, Padfoot! Never better!" He laughed in happiness, clapping a hand behind Sirius's shoulder. "She said yes!"

       "What are you talking about?" Jenna asked, raising a curious brow at him.

      But her question was answered when moments later Lily walked into the room, her cheeks flushed.

       "Oh my, God!" Alice suddenly gasped, clasping a hand over her mouth as she looked between James and Lily.

       "No way," Jenna mumbled, her eyes widening.

       "This is a joke, right?" Sirius said with a snort.

"What's supposed to be happening, exactly?" Marlene muttered, looking around at everyone in confusion.

"I-I think I'm just gonna go to bed," said Lily, clearing her throat and quickly walking toward the girls' dormitory.

With grin playing on their faces, Jenna and Alice ran after her, and so Marlene followed them in hopes of finding out what was going on.

"What did you do, Prongs?" Remus asked James after the girls had left. "Did you slip her love potion?"

Peter sniggered behind them as James gave him a look. "No! I asked her out on a date and she said yes."

"Maybe she thought you meant the fruit by 'date'?" said Sirius with a grin.

"I'm telling you! She said yes!" James retorted before sighing. "Man, I wish the next Hogsmeade trip could come sooner."

***

The girls weren't any less shocked at the news than the guys as they followed Lily into their dormitory.

      "I knew it was finally going to happen this year, but I never thought it would happen on our first night back here!" said Alice happily while Jenna closed the dorm's door.

"Can someone tell me what the bloody hell is going on!?" Marlene exclaimed as Jenna and Alice started bombarding Lily with questions the moment they had entered their room.

"James asked Lily out and she finally said yes!" said Alice with a dreamy sigh, holding herself back from jumping up and down in excitement.

"WHAT!?" Marlene squealed, turning to face Lily.

"Oh, I can already hear the wedding bells," said Jenna dramatically, wiping away fake tears. "And I can imagine you guys having lots of babies! And then I'm gonna be an aunt! And I'm gonna give them Butterbeer!"

"Calm your marbles, you three," said Lily, who was still slightly pink on the face. "It's nothing official... just a few glasses of Butterbeer in Three Broomst —"

"Do you think their first kid is gonna be a boy or girl?" Marlene asked the rest of them, completely ignoring Lily.

"Who said anything about kids —?"

"It might be twins," said Jenna, shrugging amusingly.

"We haven't even gone on our first date —"

"Oooh! Dibs on maid of honor!" Marlene suddenly let out.

"But we're not —"

"Hey! You can't call dibs on such things!" Jenna scolded, still ignoring Lily.

"Oh, are you sure?" Marlene grinned. "Because I think I just did!"

"Fine, then I call Godmother!" said Jenna and Alice giggled.

"Guys —"

"Can I at least help choose their baby's middle name?" Alice asked dreamily.

"GUYS!" They all turned around as Lily shouted, watching her. "Stop with the baby fantasies!"

"You're right..." Marlene sighed, but then her face lit up again. "Ooh, we should probably first discuss the wedding ceremony!"

"Ugh, I'm done arguing with you lot," said Lily wearily, making her way over her trunk to take out her pajamas.

"If it was my mum and if it was me who had a boyfriend," Marlene started, "she would be all like 'you should wait until marriage before doing anything!'"

Jenna looked away at those words. But something must've given her away when the three girls turned to look at her suspiciously.

"Hey, Jen?" Lily started hesitantly. "Why is your hair suddenly pink?"

"I — what — damn it," she mumbled under her breath when she looked down and saw that her hair had indeed changed color, so she immediately got it back to blue.

"Jen, is there something you'd like to tell us?" Lily folded her arms, suddenly reminding Jenna of her mother whenever she used to cause trouble when she was a kid.

"N-no." Jenna shook her head briskly.

They all stared at her warily until Marlene finally gasped and pointed at her. "THEY DID THE DEED!"

"Shhh!" said Jenna quickly.

"She's not even denying it! THEY DID THE DEED!"

"Shut up, Mar!" Jenna hissed, cursing herself under her breath.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Alice asked in shock.

"Well, it's not really something you tell people!" Jenna said in defeat.

"We're not people! We're your best friends!" said Marlene, her grin more widened than Jenna had ever seen. "Ooh, this is scandalous! Guess you'll be having a baby before Lily and James, after all."

       Alice giggled, but then cleared her throat and glanced away when Jenna gave them a look.

"Nah, on second thoughts; I'm pretty sure Sirius knew better to use all the protective charms," said Marlene with a chuckle, nudging Jenna with the elbow as she wiggled her eyebrows. "Well, go on, then! Tell us everything! When exactly did it happen!?"

"Marlene, no!" Lily scolded her, but then turned to face Jenna with a grin. "Start with where."