#68 I'm good.

Standing up from the water I threw the towel over my body, not even bothering to dry myself and left my room in a mission to save Liam

Standing up from the water I threw the towel over my body, not even bothering to dry myself and left my room in a mission to save Liam. As soon as I opened the bathroom door the cold air hit my body and my teeth chattered below my dripping hair but that didn't matter when Liam was standing on my doorstep needing me.

I opened the door, Liam was standing out in the darkness under the cascading rain that drenched every single inch of him. His lip was badly swollen almost twice the size it usually is and it had a small cut that caused fresh blood to trickle down his chin. He stood in my doorway crouched over and clutching his arm across his belly. I could see he was miserable but I didn't know if the water dropping down his face was coming from his eyes or the sky.

"Jeeze Liam, your lip!" I said at first glance.

"Yeah, this actually hurts more." He reached up and touched the back of his head, when he pulled his hands back his fingers were covered in blood and I gasped pulling him inside and sitting him down to get a closer look.

Liam had a big gash to the back of his head, it bled but it didn't look deep enough to need stitches. I placed a cold, wet flannel over his cut and he flinched from the pain not from the contact. He held a bag of frozen peas against his lip to hopefully take down the swelling.

"It's not deep but I still think you should get checked out at the hospital. Do you feel dizzy? You might have concussion. I can come with you." I tried to encourage him but I already knew he wouldn't get checked out.

"No, I'll be fine. Can I hide it with my hair?" he asked with worry in his voice.

"Yeah you should be able to. How's your stomach?" 

"Not that bad, I've just got a banging headache." He lifted his t.shirt to show me a new bruise that was forming in the size of a fist right in the middle of his rib cage. 

"I'll go get you some pain meds."  

He nodded his head and took the wet flannel out of my hand, holding it against his own head. I left him alone to search through my kitchen cupboards for some advil. As I filled a glass with cool water I felt Liams presence behind me. I turned around to find him inches away from me, getting closer. He reached up and pressed his hand against my cheek, and my cold body felt a tingle of warmth from his body heat.

"You make this so hard." he whispered, pressing his forehead against mine. His minty breath invaded my senses and sent a delicious shiver down my spine.

"I make what so hard?" I asked, a little cloudy and taken aback by his closeness.

"Not having you."  his eyes had darkened with desire and he moistened his lips using his tongue which was now the only thing I could focus on.

"Then have me." I said holding his eye contact in a challenging way.

"I wish I could" he said breaking the contact between us and pacing back a few steps. "Go get dressed, you must be freezing." he added, allowing his eyes to roll up and down my body burning with need.