Chapter 9 - All of Nothing

Nya sighed. "The Venomari's right. By the time we cast sail clear across the other side of Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last Fangblade."

"Oh, come on, guys. This is the last one. We gotta get it. We gotta think of something." Jay insisted.

"Hmm."

"Hey." Lloyd spoke up.

"Huh?" They turned to the kid.

"All we have to do is just get one Fangblade to stop him. What if we take back the other three? Pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him. He's probably hidden them somewhere while he goes for the fourth." Lloyd explained.

"It's so simple." Cole laughed.

Kai nodded. "Huh, why didn't I think of that?"

"Cause you need brains to get ideas, dude." Lucy said. She was laying on a chair upside down. Meaning her back was on the seat of it and her legs on the back.

"Hey!"

"It can't be that easy." Jay said, stopping the interaction between the two.

"Easy? My algorithms suggest taking the other three would be far more dangerous. Pythor would undoubtedly have them protected by his top generals." Zane calculated.

"Ha, finally. I don't have to hold back." Kai grinned.

"Even if you could steal the other three, you don't even know where they are." Garmadon told them.

"He's right. For the past few weeks, there have been almost no Serpentine sightings. How are they moving around? It's like they're ghosts."

"Or snakes. Bridge, give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago." Nya ordered and the computer showed no activity.

"See, nothing. It's just like Sensei said." Kai sighed.

"But what if they aren't traveling above ground? They're snakes, right? Snakes burrow. Bridge, now give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago but twenty feet below surface." The computer showed them a bunch of tunnels that were interconnected.

(I don't understand how those huge caverns were only twenty feet at the least. But on another note, they are LEGO. So what if they were the same size as LEGOs are irl? It makes sense)

"All the tombs have been interconnected." Kai realized.

"To make one massive underground fortress." Cole nodded.

"And all this time, right under our noses." Jay complained.

"Or rather, feet."

Lucy shook her head. "Nope, noses." She pointed to her nose and the fact that her feet were above her, causing most of them to laugh a little.

"Har har, Lucy." Kai said, still annoyed that she called him brainless. The girl stuck her tongue out at him but he ignored it and pointed to the map. "There, that's the most protected area. The Fangblades must be held there."

"Then what are we waiting for? Nya, set the course."

"Already on it. We'll be there by sunup."

The next day, the Ninja prepare for battle.

"There is no room for error. The Serpentine have shown that they have great powers, and to combat them, you must turn their greatest strengths into their greatest weaknesses. Kai, how will you defeat the Hypnobrai?"

Kai pulled down a blindfold. "Their hypnotizing powers are useless if their opponent can fight without relying on his eyes."

"Good, Jay, the Fangpyre is fast and his bite sharp."