𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

chapter 8, with those blue eyes.

As Reese's body sunk down to the drowned boat she found the cargo hold doing exactly what JJ told her to do.

Meanwhile on the boat..

"Shit. JJ." Pope said hearing the police boat siren.

"Guys, that's the police." Kie said.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." John B said

"Yep, that's the police." JJ said readjusting his position looking at the water for the girl. He prayed to god, she would stay underwater without running out of air.

"Just act frickin' normal." Kie said flipping her hair.

"Evening, officers." Pope said as the tow officers parked their boat next to the Pogues.

"Evening." Shoupe said throwing the rope to the boys.

"JJ, tie it off." Pope said

"How you kids doing?" Shoupe asked looking at the 4 friends. "You know the marsh is closed?" he asked the group.

"No. No. Wow." JJ said quietly looking nonchalantly at the water searching for the girl.

"I didn't know that. Why... why is it closed?" John B asked.

"Well, we're conducting a search out here. Boat went down." the deputy said

"Oh." Kie said trying to distract herself from the impending guilt.

"Seen anything?" Shoupe asked.

"No. No boats. Nope." JJ said clearly nervous as John shot him a 'chill out' look.

"Whose shoes and shirt are those?" Shoupe asked pointing to the clothes Reese had left on the boat.

"Oh they're mine." Kie said grabbed the shirt and throwing it on.

"Isn't that Grace Carmichael's shop?" the deputy asked.

"Uh yes sir," Kie said looking down at the shirt not knowing what to say next.

"Hm." Shoupe said disapprovingly. "I'm gonna check your little boat out."

"Yeah?" JJ said as he begged someone to take the four friends out of this situation.

Meanwhile underwater...

The girl had acquired a black duffle bag carrying it up to the safety spot giving herself enough time to decompress. That's when she noticed the second boat and she knew something was wrong as time ached on. She looked up at the boat it still had not left when she watched the final seconds on the dial tick down she took one long breath and held it.

On the surface...

"All right." Shoupe said walking back to their police boat.

"All right. All right." JJ said begging them to leave.

"Beautiful day." Shoupe said staring at the surroundings.

"Sure is." John B said.

"Very." Pope agreed.

"Let us know if you see anything on your way out." the officer said.

"Will do. Will do." John said making eyes at each of the Pogues.

"We'll be gone soon, sir." JJ said.