Chapter 10 - The Rise of the Great Devourer

"Come on, Lloyd! If you're supposed to be a powerful Ninja you have to fight!"

"I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't. Come on, literally any other sibling pair would gladly fight each other. Nya and Kai, oh! Dad and Uncle Wu. Just attack me!"

"Fine."

Lloyd attacked her and Lucy ducked and swept his feet out from under him.

"Gah!" Lloyd fell on his butt.

"Told ya you wouldn't hurt me." She said. "Nya taught me that one."

He grit his teeth and got back up. "Ok, ok, I'll stop holding back." He lifted his fists up.

Lucy mirrored him. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

After a while, they stopped sparring, Lloyd worked with the training machines and Lucy was punching a punching bag.

"Serpentine, it's time I Spinjitzu you back into the filthy holes you came from." Lloyd said in a western drawl. "Ninja kick! Tiger claw! Ninja, go!" He attempted Spinjitzu but failed.

Lucy sighed. "Kai said that they had to learn how to do this course at the Monastery before they learned Spinjitzu. Jay came in and said 'over the planks, dodge the sword; here comes the dummy.' I don't know what he meant." She said.

Lloyd nodded. "Wait. Jumping... dodging... hit." He tried again and just fell back over.

Lucy froze as she heard a laugh. Pythor turned visible. "What a joke. You were always a boy who chased stupid dreams."

"Pythor! How did you get aboard?" Lloyd said, he stood up in front of Lucy, having fallen in front of her.

"You think I would allow the Ninja to steal the Fangblades from me?" Pythor grabbed Lloyd and Lucy shot up. She ran over but Pythor hit her aside with his tail.

She hit her head on the trim of the window and collapsed on the ground.

"Lucy! You'll never get away with—Hey—" Pythor tied Lloyd to a punching bag and put tape over his mouth.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. As they say, out of sight, out of mind." Pythor turned Lloyd's punching bag making it so the boy couldn't see Lucy, then he disappeared himself.

***

"Will everyone please place their seat back and tray table in the full upright and locked position? We have reached our destination: Torchfire Mountain. Give it a minute while we settle into position." Nya said over the intercom.

Each of the four ninja came out onto the deck, each with a Fangblade in hand.

Jay sighed. "It's roasting out here."

"Heh. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." Kai quipped.

Jay rolled his eyes looked over at Sensei. "Hey, what's with Sensei?"

"I do not know. He's been distant all morning." Zane said and they went to their Sensei.

"Ah, it is beautiful, is it not?" Sensei said.

"Sensei, we are ready for the destruction of the Fangblades, yet you seem disinterested." Zane informed him.

"You do not need my approval to finish the task." Sensei stated.