Pink Haired Beauty No More

Angeline sat in the cave she had called home since joining Eltarr with a frown twisting her already destroyed face. In front of her was a mirror, it's cracked surface showing a distorted figure that would make most run. When she had accepted Eltarr's magic it had run rampant through her body causing her to writhe in pain for days on the cold hard ground. It had felt like being torn alive only to be stitched back together over and over. When she first woke up she did not know what had happened, it happy to have survived the whole ordeal. It was only after she left the cave to walk the surrounding town that she discovered the price she had paid...

Children had run from her as parents covered their eyes. She was looked at like a monster, someone to fear and it was those looks that made her anger burn. If they wanted a monster she would be a monster and bring them all to their knees.

...

"You want more magic?" Eltarr didn't look surprised by Angeline's request. He wouldn't tell her but he had been waiting for her last vestiges of humanity to crumble. All his pushing to make her give up and become one hundred percent his pawn. "You know it comes at a price, and you didn't like the last one." He let his words hang in the air as an open taunt. She had been stark raving mad when she first found out yet now she didn't even twitch.

If Eltarr hadn't been a disembodied shadow at that moment she would have seen his lips curl in a Cheshire grin. She was broken, but luckily, or rather unluckily for her that is how he liked his toys.   

She stepped forward her attempt at being intimidating falling flat on his person yet he had to admit it took guts. Over the past two years she had gathered beings for him and watched as he consumed their very essence to revive. It was a daunting task but she still pushed through only thinking of revenge. With her help, even with how terrified she was he felt his power returning. The fact she would be dare be so close meant she was ready for the last step. "What would you give up? Would you lay your very life on the line to see this through?" His words held power, her very answer ready to seal her fate.

"I would." Her words had barely left her mouth when a force hit her in the chest. It was as if every ounce of oxygen had been sapped out of her body and she couldn't drag anymore in. Lungs burning, eyes frantically searching for anything to help herself, she felt her vision growing spotty.

Just as she was about to give up and let the darkness take over cool air washed through her system and she greedily sucked it down. Her coughs rang through the cave as she took shuddering breaths. Just a few more seconds and she would have died and she knew it. Her life which she had so carelessly said she would lay down was almost taken and there was nothing she could do or say about it. He could snap her neck or drain every drop of blood from her body and she would have to thank him. She gritted her teeth as she looked at the floor not daring to make eye contact with him. He treated her like a pet and if she were to bite the hand that feeds her, she had no doubts he would suffer worse than what she just felt

"Do you still think you would die if it meant taking Morgianna down too? I could grant you more magic but I fear you may not be truly willing..." Just a few more pushes and she would be cooked just the way he liked. He could take her hate even if it was for him and use it as fuel. Make the pyre burn with her emotions as they spiraled past the breaking point and all the while leaving her dangling over her own fire.

He had always been more partial to the stick but the carrot worked too. If he dangled her dream in front of her and shook it just a little more she would be like a starved man at a buffet gorging himself to no return. "Of course I am willing to do whatever it takes to end her! She took everything from me, I wouldn't be suffering now if she had just done what she was supposed to do!" Angeline wanted to cry at the unfairness of her life. She had got a second chance to be loved yet everyone always wanted Morgianna.

Eltarr wanted to laugh at her foolish words. As a God he obviously knew from the very beginning she came from another world yet she wasted her second chance at life. She wanted Morgianna to suffer from the day she was born in this world. A rotten soul to her very core without even knowing it.  Truly his peers were in need of his leadership if they reincarnated such a person.

"It will hurt to receive this much power and you will need to find her and attack her immediately once you wake up." His words should have sent off red flags in her mind but all she thought of was how he agreed. He agreed to give her the strength she needed to hurt Morgianna. Thoughts of destroying her pretty face or removing her enchanting eyes danced through her Angelines head.

Angeline was so preoccupied with her daydreaming that she missed Etarrs movement until he was right upon her. His shadow struck her in the chest, passing through her, leaving pieces of his magic stuck throughout her. To him it felt disgusting having to even touch her but he wouldn't have to deal with it much longer.

After Eltarr had transferred power to her small body he stepped back to let her body adjust once again. If he had cared about her he would have stayed by her side to help her through it but surely a tool shouldn't complain. It would be a waste of his energy anyway to help a dying person. Her mortal body wouldn't hold up under his power, she would be a ticking time bomb the moment she awoke ready to take out everything and everyone around her. She was the last piece to his awakening, the only part left to make him whole. Her death was foreseen the moment she made a deal with him. The only way to get back what is his completely is with her death. With this plan he doesn't have to do the work himself and could give her a chance to remove a thorn that had lodged into his side. His laughter rang through the cave as he kicked Angeline's body to the side.

___________________
Word count before note:1165

Angeline you poor stupid soul you. Searching for love you only found pain. If she had just tried to live a normal life from the very beginning she might have been able to win someones heart.

We are getting really close to the end, I am thinking maybe 6-15 chapters depending on how long they are. I have plotted out the rest of my story but I'm not ready for what is to come.

Hit that vote button ❤