Chapter Fifty Seven

Breya

All it takes to alter an entire day, mood and atmosphere is one single moment. I've never believed that more than I do right now.

Moments ago we had made it, a slight issue caused by my injured leg but regardless we had made it. We tasted the accomplishment of escaping the slight buzz of relief. Until his voice changed it all.

Depite the drugs that resided within our bodies and the unbearable ache of exhaustion, we'd achieved the impossible. Against the harsh unrelenting winds thst were determined to throw us of the mountain. The constant sting of the freezing weather, even the slippery surface of the mountains edge.

This though we couldn't survive, only now had I realised the true detrimental impact this cruel creature had rooted into me. Through my life there were times I hadn't seen him. However when he returned it always felt the same it was my normality to fear him.

This was a different kind of fear even feeling than what I was used to. All the other times he returned I had expected him to bit this time. I'd allowed myself to feel safe from him even after being with Dr.mallic.

My truest monster was always going to be Larsen. Wolf and beta colby had become my safety net it wasn't until now that i could actually admit it. I believed they would keep me safe and finally bring this ebsst to his knees.

I was blinded by my dreams and hopes. I should have known better I was always going to be entrapped by him, I had forgotten how conniving he actually was.

My body shivered in horror as his face twisted into an eerie grin, the evil that glimmered in his eyes brighter than ever before. I felt Jacksons grip on me tighten his display of protection filling my heart with an unusual warmth.

He really was telling the truth, I could trust him. He was really sorry and didn't care for the evil schemes of alpha. He was willing to go agaisnt the commands of his leader and his show of that only welcomed my heart to open.

Sarah had edge her body in front of mine, an attempt to keep me out of sight. Althkigh it failed I was grateful and almost empowered by their gestures. For the first time I wasn't alone against him I had people I could trust who... Cared about me.

"ooo Jackson my boy I really believed you had at least some kind of potential. Its disappointing to see what path you have chosen.. Not to worry though I always knew you were weak"

His spiteful tone didn't go unheard as Jackson released a relentless growl in response. Larsen hands flew up in surrender as the wolves surrounded us began to snarl, a low chuckle escaping Larsen lips.

"no need to get your claws dear boy, I'm only Pointon out the facts..

His attention quickly moved to me a look of disgust quickly etching onto his features.

" seems you've acquired quite the injury runt, after all these years you actually thought you could escape?"

Disbelief sang through his words as he spoke. My eyes never left his which I surprised myself at. Even with the paralysing fear that was practically eating at me from inside out I didn't move my gaze.

I didn't miss the slight look he stole at Sarah, I was surprised that he gave her no further notice.

"I know I promised to properly deal with you, but it seems Im out of time, but don't worry runt your death will still  be slow!"

The viscous growl that srung from him forced Jackson to place me down gentle against the snow. Quickly Sarah moved to my side my body beginning to feel the effect of the blood I had lost.

Jackson beaten body stood before Larsen, his frame and stance every bit as intimidating as Larsens. He stood tall despite the fact his wolf was still surpressed within him.

"you will have to go through me first Larsen"

Larsen quickly growled in anger his wolf disapproving of the disrespect Jackson was showing him. He was desperate to demonstrate his dominance.

"its alpha to you boy! I..

Jackson quickly cut him if as he matched his growl along with his own.

" you were never worthy of the title alpha! If you really believe otherwise after everything you have done to the people of our pack then you really are deluded!.."

"submit now or I will kill you Jackson!"

Jackson only responded with a snarl of defiance as he clipped his words.

"I. Don't. Take. Commands. From. You. Anymore.. Alpha"

The patronising tone of Jackson sent Larsen over the edge he bagn to half shift as he swiped his clawed hands towards Jackson, instantly Jackson moved away. The other wolves around began to growl all of them closing in on Jackson. He knew this was a fight he couldn't win but he was trying to buy us time. It was to no avail though, his moves were sloppy thanks to the state he was in.

Soon he had nowhere to go, or deflect the attacks being thrown at him. A clawed hand sliced through Jacksons flesh an sprays of blood leaving his body  acros the white snow. As soon as his body hit the floor the wolves began to toy with him. As if he was just a game and not a real person.

A few of the wolves surrounding him began to bite and claw at hsi bdiy, he tried hard to put up a fight but he was to weak from the poison to properly gain an advantage. Soon enough he was lay on the cold groed his blood pooling around him painting the blank canvas  red.

I didn't recognise the voice that left me in a frantic attempt to stop their attack. I couldn't watch my friend be hurt like this, they were going to kill him.

"stop!!! Stop hurting him!"

I felt my body begin to fight to stay conscious, it took everything in me not to close my eyes and give into the impending exhaustion thanks to the loss of blood from my leg .

The sound of a growl echoed around the misty air. Everything silenced as colbys wolf came into view. A relenting worry rocketed through my body as I seen him walking through the crowd of wolves alone. His beast portrayed strength as he walked with a fierce stride, but even he couldn't win against this many wolves.

The beta and Larsen began to speak but I felt my body begin to shut down. I fought hard to stay awake, but I began to loos my senses, my hearing became lost to me everything sounding like I was underwater. My eyes blurred in and out.

I heard the faint sounds of growls, snarls and teeth snapping together. My blurred vision saw that there was a fight happening. But I couldn't make out anything else. It seemed as though hours had passed when I felt someone grab me. Still I wasn't able to fully fathom what was going on.

Until a growl more powerful than anything I'd ever heard spoke to me. It bounced of the mountains causing everything to fall so silent, you could here a pin drop. The earth responded to the powerful beast as it shook to his command.

Without hesitation, or notice the silver beast jumped towards me and he stood over my body in a show of  protection, while he all but threw Larsen into the base of the mountain. The sound of his body hitting the hard rocks made me Flinch. My body dropped to the ground limply as I felt a small shed of relief fill me.

He moved his magnificent body and stepped over me before the last sound I heard before I began to fade into the darkness was the sounds of bones snapping.