12

Chapter 12:
DESTINY

"Are you feeling better?"

Harry asked doctor Swift, who appeared to be catching her breath while fanning her moist face with tears. Harry couldn't believe it, he accompanied this doctor for almost an hour. Hearing her sob for failing to save a patient's life.

But in any case, Harry was quite understanding when the doctor said that this patient was the first patient she had failed to save. During this time, Taylor has never failed to save anyone, even though someone was being critical. In fact, doctor Evans once praised Taylor for having a miraculous hand, a healing hand or some sort. But that 'miraculous' hand isn't working now.

Harry sighed, seeing Taylor who kept silent staring straight out of nowhere. Harry snapped his fingers in front of the girl and made her turn to look at him.

"Don't blame yourself too much. You know that doctors are only human too, and doctors aren't God, who can change a person's destiny. Who knows, maybe that man is destined to die today. What can you do?" Taylor shook her head.

"If you're meant to die today, why do you still have to be brought here and after I have done all kinds of ways to save him? Is God playing with me? Does he deliberately wants to embarrass me?"

Harry squinted at the girl's words before hitting the table, making Taylor flinch.

"Do you realize what you just said? You just blamed God!" Harry snapped and Taylor lowered her head, closing her eyes.

This was the first and only time Harry Styles had snapped at her. Harry closed his eyes, trying to calm his anger. Harry is always sensitive when dealing with everything related to God. Harry grew up in a very religious family. Even though he isn't a religious person, Harry still has high hope and respect for God.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally snapped at you. I didn't mean to be rude, but you know yourself. God always has an unexpected plan. You can only believe and beg if he will give you a very good plan or path, even if it isn't directly." Harry opened his eyes and still found Taylor who was bowing her head, sitting on her office chair. A faint smile appeared on Harry's lips.

"My grandma died in the hospital. After the doctor succeeded in performing colon surgery." Harry took a deep breath before continuing, "I also don't understand, why did Grandma die after the surgery was successful. Shouldn't have she improved? Shouldn't she be much healthier than before? But it's not like that."

Slowly but surely, Taylor looked up, seeing nothing but a thin smile full of sadness on the actor's pink lips which is very difficult to dodge his good looks.

"My family did not believe it and asked for further investigation. The reason is, the doctor said that the operation was successful, then why did Grandma die? My family even called in a lawyer and legal advisor, preparing the demands for the previous hospital. " Harry smiled again, and his green eyes looked back at her blue eyes before him.

Harry folded his arms on the table. "But our suspicion and mistrust is wrong. After having an autopsy and being re-examined at another hospital, they found no errors in the operation from the previous hospital. The operation was really successful and I still wondered why did my Grandma die? At first my father no longer believed and intends to do a re-examination at another hospital. He's suspicious about the hospitals, and he even guessed that maybe the two hospitals have a relationship or they're both cooperating or something. " Harry sighed and continued, "But Grandpa refused my father's suggestion. Grandpa said, 'Don't complicate her death. God must've missed her so much. Let her have fun in heaven. She was already tortured enough with all sorts of illnesses.' After that, we decided to to give up on investigating Grandma's death. "