The Blood Moon

A/N: Hello, Good Hunter. Are you prepared for another hunt in the Waking World?

Humans are naturally curious creatures. To question things they know not of and to find the answer, they've gotten far with their curiosity.

Technological developments, philosophy, mathematics, science, all of these were born from man's nonstop questions and seemingly boundless curiosity that led to learning new knowledge.

But lurking beneath their minds was the old primordial fear of the unknown, that of which they know nothing of and cannot comprehend.

When encountering something they've never seen before, it was a natural reaction for them to be curious yet wary at the same time. For years of curiosity had taught them that some things were better left untouched and unknown.

But secrets were meant to be uncovered, sooner or later.

So the current state of Remnant wasn't a surprising thing at all.

The entirety of Remnant was in shambles.

Speculations ran wild all over the news and media.

Rumors spoke from every mouth, from every tongue.

Superstitions of an ill omen, the coming of a great chaos.

Hushed voices, deep web diving, wild journalists and crazy theorists all crazed over the recent phenomenon that had not been seen in 80 years.

The Blood Moon.

/=/

Black leather boots clacked heavily against the steel floors of a long corridor. 

Ironwood walked with the hardened grace of a soldier, a leader. His coat billowed gently behind him with every step, a general's stark white coat pinned with medals of gold on his chest above his heart covered a blue suit and a white tie beneath.

Soldiers and researchers stopped as he passed by to give a salute.

"Sir!" 

"At ease," he said, nodding back in response to their greeting and continued his way.

Every soldier, every person wore clothes of white and blue, the color scheme befitting that of those that dwell in the cold, icy lands of the north.

Reaching his office, the door slid open with a silent hiss and closed as he entered. He breathed out a huge sigh, letting his rigid posture relax in his small space of comfort that was his office.