Ch. 21 - Calm

Song: cliché by mxmtoon
Words: 2269
Published: July 10th, 2020
Third Person POV
Rayna

8:42 A.M.      

Rayna walks through the halls of the castle, bored. She doesn't want to paint or listen to The Flower Wolves, Harley's working, and Naomi is out and Savvy is on a date with Calum.

She wanders into the Leader Commons living room where she finds Emmett sitting on the couch. He gives her a glance, acknowledging her entrance, and then turns back to the TV. He was wearing a grey beanie, dark red tank top, and black ripped jeans. He's honestly one of the last people you'd expect to be royalty if you were to judge by appearances.

Okay, Rayna, she thinks to herself, taking a deep breath. You can do this.

She walks to the same couch Emmett was sitting on, though the opposite side as him, and sits down.

"Wh- What are you watching?" she asks, then internally cursing herself for stuttering.

"Criminal Minds," he tells her.

"Wh- What's it about?" she asks, quietly. She knows she's heard of it. Maybe Mr. West was watching it one time.

Emmett turns to her with an astonished look on his face.

"You don't know what Criminal Minds is?" he asks, dumbfounded.

Embarrassed and shrinking, she's honest and shakes her head. Back at the River Shine Pack, she wasn't allowed to the touch the remote unless told to. She was never able to watch what she wanted on TV, and all Johnathan watched was sports.

She expects him to go off on her for not knowing, so she braces herself.

"We need to binge it," Emmett exclaims, grabbing the remote and going to Netflix. Rayna looks at him, confused. "I don't want you to not understand what's happened, and it's so fucking good."

She smiles.

*~*~*~*

Rayna quickly gets used to Emmett's glorifying comments about Hotch and Reid as they binge Criminal Minds. Of course, they still eat lunch and snack, but they spend their entire day on that couch binging as much of the show as they can.

They're just finishing up Episode 18 when the clock strikes 10 P.M. and Harley comes downstairs to get Rayna. He's checked in on their binge session a few times already, and unlike most alphas would be when their mate is hanging out with another male, he isn't jealous at all. He's glad that Rayna is making friends and becoming more comfortable. Besides, he knows that Emmett would never do anything, nor would Rayna.

"Baby, it's time for bed," Harley tells her, kissing the top of her head.

"It's almost over," Rayna whines.

"Yeah," Emmett says, backing her up.

"Fine, but once it's over I'm taking you to bed, okay?" he asks.

"Mhm hm," she hums eagerly, nodding and still staring at the screen. Harley groans inwardly and walks into the kitchen to have a late night snack.