one

Y/N POV

The snow was soft, white bullets raining down from the sky. The little sunlight casts an icy haze over the city of London. The evening breeze scatters goose-bumps across my complexion as I exit the small coffee shop on the corner.

The bustling streets of the city, filled with busy muggles much like worker bees on the routine of 9 to 5. Walking down the sidewalk at a leisurely pace, the sound of hundreds of footsteps surrounding. I felt a tug on my sleeve only to look down and see a black ball of fluff pulling at my grandmother's silver bracelet.

"Niffler? What is a little guy like you doing here?" You hold the niffler outwards to look at. "Cute, but what about the muggles?"

I've always had a love of creatures, yet never had the chance to meet many nor learn more outside of care of magical creatures. I hear a sudden rush of footprints headed my way and look up to see a man, maybe 6 foot something, reddish brown tousled hair and blue eyes. Quite attractive actually.

"So sorry, seems he got out again." The man grabbed the niffler out of my hands, smiling at the ground.

"Its fine, he chose the right person to steal from," I smiled politely.

"You're a witch?" He asked making eye contact for a brief second before looking down again.

"Yes. However, I would like my grandmother's bracelet back please." He was starring at me for a moment before realising what I had said.

"Ah, yes of course." He smiled and tickled the niffler's stomach a little allowing the bracelet to fall out. "Here you go," he handed it back to me brushing fingers.

"So, you like creatures?" I asked with my hands clasped in front of me as he put the niffler in his brown case.

"Yes, quite a lot actually, I'm a magizoologist." I could tell he was getting more comfortable in the conversation as he was giving more eye contact. My face lit up at the fact, he could teach me more about the creatures.

"Really! That's so amazing, I've always wanted to learn more about creatures but never had the chance." I smiled widely and he smiled back at me.

"Do you perhaps want to meet my creatures?" He asked kindly, gesturing to his case.

"Can I?" I could feel my face lighting up even more.

"Of course, but probably not here." He looked towards all the muggles.

"My apartment is not far, we could go there?" He nodded and we started walking side by side to my apartment making small conversation.

----------

As I stepped into the case, my amazement skyrocketed. No, not because of how it was bigger on the inside, I've seen many things like this. The amazement was the creatures. There were so many, so many that I've wanted to see since my first magical creatures class in third year at Hogwarts.

"They're amazing," I laugh and run around the place making sure not to make a mess. "You know," I turned around to look at the man. "I never got your name?"

"Newt, Newt Scamander and you are?" He smiled.

"(Y/N) (L/N), nice to meet you." I held my hand out to shake his own, only then realising how much bigger his was compared to mine. "So you went to Hogwarts?"

"Yes, I was a proud Hufflepuff." He said as he was mixing together things at his little table.

"Really! Me too!" I exclaimed and walked over to see what he was doing.

"However, I got expelled in my sixth year for supposedly endangering life with one of my creatures." He seemed sad as he explained what had happened.

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault Newt, I have only known you for one evening but you seem like a very nice man." I gave him a pat on the back. Our eyes met for a moment, and only then I realised how deep they were, like the ocean. The colour of Fiji waters. It took me only a second to notice this, before he looked away again, back to what ever he was preparing.

"I never saw you there? At Hogwarts." He questioned.

"I assume we were in different years. I was a quiet student, often minding my own business and running off on little adventures. It got me in trouble from time to time." I laughed before walking over to what appeared to be a thunderbird. "You have a thunderbird?" I asked walking up to pet the creature just under its beak.

"His name is Frank, and it seems he quite likes you." Newt walks over and gives Frank some food.

"Does he not like many people?" I ask intrigued. Staring up at the large bird with a smile on my face, the fake sun shining down on my face.

"Not at all, he usually starts up a storm." Newt replies as he pets Frank. The bird lets out a squawk and nuzzles into the side of my face.

"Well, I'm glad I didn't get struck by lightning." I say, laughing at Frank's actions.

"What year did you start at Hogwarts?" Newt asked as he fed more of the creatures.

"1911," I replied as I sat down in his little work area.

"I started in 1908, would probably explain why we didn't see each other much, it seems I'm older than you." He smiles at me as he returns from feeding the creatures.

"It seems so," I giggle while the niffler makes itself at home in my lap.

"They all seem to really like you." Newt finally looked me in the eye as he spoke.

"I'm glad." You scratched the niffler's head as it drifted to sleep.

"You must have a good heart." He explained as he continued doing his thing, whatever it was. "They can generally sense it."

"Is that why they like you so much?" I laughed light heartedly. "I was always best in magical creatures class."

"Really? Tell me more," he returned my laugh as we chatted away into the night, him doing his thing and me, simply watching.

I had only met this man a few hours ago, but I already knew he was going to spice up my life a little.