Chapter 10

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱...

Michiru ran with all her might to Rintarou's apartment, remembering how he looked so lonely as he called out to her a while ago. He had something to say, but she didn't let him. Why am I so stupid? She mentally cursed herself for being like this. She should've known better than to hurt him.

She smiled bitterly to herself as she felt the cold wind brush on her face and hands, Michiru blew warm air on her fingers as she hurriedly took the elevator to the 4th floor of the building. Please be here Rin. She wished and as soon as the door opened, Michiru sprinted out as fast as she could to the last apartment.

Michiru stood outside his door, panting hard, she knocked three times and waited for him to open up the door. The whole time she stood there, she began to think what she would say. After rejecting him flatly last night, she comes back running to him? What sort of idiotic spirit possessed her at that time? What am I supposed to say? Shit. Michiru's train of thoughts came to a halt as the door opened up, revealing Suna wearing a gray hoodie, his puffy red eyes wide upon seeing his beloved girlfriend outside the door.

"M-Michi?"Of course of all time he had to stutter now, but who could blame him? The person drowning him in his own thoughts was here and he's not even asleep yet. Meaning, this couldn't be a dream. "What are you doing here?" He asked stepping out of his doorstep and closing the door behind him.

The female gazed on his grayish-yellow orbs that she loved so much, understanding whatever it is his eyes told her. "I honestly don't know" she answered, eyes dropping down on the floor.

"Didn't you choose Atsumu?" Rintarou almost choked when he asked, remembering the pain he felt when he saw Michiru walking away with the blonde boy.

Michiru laughed half-heartedly, "That's what I thought too Rin. But look at me, look at my messy self still desperately longing for you. Still coming back to you despite you hurting me so many times." Her words had Rintarou's eyes wide like saucers. Is he really hearing this? Or is he hallucinating because he hasn't eaten for like 3 days?

Tears began falling from the girl's eyes, and soon she felt herself being engulfed in a heartwarming embrace from the person she loved. His warmth that she loved so much enveloped her whole body. Michiru got weak in the knees as she sobbed into the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry Michi. I was such an asshole. I never realized how much I loved you until you were gone. I never knew how important you were to me until I saw you taken away by another man. Please give me a chance to love you again, Michi. I swear I'll do it right this time. Please. I promise I will never hurt you again. Just don't leave Michi. Don't walk out in my life. I couldn't bear the thought of what I'll be without you." He cried. For the first time in years, Suna Rintarou cried in front of her.

"Please don't hurt me the second time around Rin" she answered, almost quickly as he finished. The two sobbed into each other's arms like there's no tomorrow, and when both of them calmed down, finally they had the chance to look at each other's faces closer.

Rintarou's big hands caressed her cheeks lovingly, wiping the tears rolling down her eyes. Michiru snuggled more to his touch. Oh,how she missed being like this with him. The rough feeling from his fingers gave her too many butterflies in her stomach again. "Is it me being weird or seeing you cry is pretty satisfying, Rin?" Michiru joked, cupping his face with her small hands.

The boy chuckled, his arms snaking down to her waist, pulling her closer. "Shut up Michi" he smiled, leaning his forehead on hers. "I love you so damn much Michi" he leaned closer.

"It took you more than 2 years to realize that. I love you too Rin, much more than you know" Michiru replied, and waited. Finally, his lips touched hers. The electrifying sensation ran through their entire body as if their lips were a perfect fit for each other. Rintarou passionately kissed his girlfriend and so did she. It was a moment they both longed and dreamt of.

Finally. Rintarou had something others didn't. Her lips was his. And no one else could claim it.

The pair pulled away and hugged each other as tight as they could, "I'll do it right this time Michi" Rintarou whispered.

The female shook her head, listening to his drumming heartbeat, "We'll do it right, Rin"

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r