Chapter 6

Third Person POV

Xavier woke up to the sheets wrapped his legs and his arm dangling of the bed side. His face felt heavy and a nasty taste lingered in his mouth. Light humming came from the other side of the room and sunlight peaked into the room.

Xavier pushed himself up with his elbow, scratching his bedhead. He yawned and checked for the time. It was 8:26; past the time he usually woke up to.

He sat up from the bed and stretched, bones cracked and relief made its way to his back. He sighed.

He walked into the living room where his Sensei stood in the kitchen humming cheerfully.

"Good morning Sensei...."

Kakashi turned with a pan of eggs and spatula in hand. He wore a plain apron and his Jonin attire.

"Good morning, Xavier!" He exclaimed with a dazzling eye smile.

Xavier squinted, the sun was too bright.

'Kakashi-Sensei must be a morning person.' He noted, sitting at the kitchen counter. He was so happy, he even was dancing in place.

"Uhh... What's up Sensei?"

Kakashi turned, placing the eggs inside a small bento box. He placed the top on the bento box and placed the box on top of 3 other bentos. He then placed the 4 bento boxes in the middle of a plain handkerchief, pulled to corners to the top of the center, and tied it neatly.

He turned to Xavier and leaned on the counter. "Well... Yesterday, after the whole 'jumping-off-the-building' fiasco, I had to take Naruto and Sakura back to their homes and explain to them that they have a test the next day."

He pointed at the bentos. "These are part of the test."

"Ah, I see..." Xavier nodded, tapping his nose. "And at what time, were we supposed to be meeting up?"

Kakashi shrugged, turning back to the stove. "Mmm... I don't know, like at 6??"

Xavier stared at him, a huge 'What the fuck' smile on his face. He almost couldn't believe him. He massaged his forehead, breathing out loudly. "Okay... Cool..."

He folded his hands on the counter and stared at the back of his head. Now there was just silence.

Xavier pursed his lips awkwardly. His throat was a bit dry.

"Is it okay if I have some water from your sink?" He paused, staring across to the bunch of bananas on the counter. "And one of your bananas, please?"

Xavier wasn't one to ask for things from a person casually, but, boy, he sure was hungry.

"Huh? Oh, yeah sure.."

He stood up from his seat quietly and strided over to the bananas, plucking one and plopping back on the seat. Kakashi passed him a glass of water, and looked at the clock.

"Hm... We'll get going soon okay? I just need to grab your clothes and we'll head out."

Xavier nodded, finishing his glass of water and banana. Kakashi walked over to the room Xavier was sleeping and closed the door behind him.

Xavier waited shortly and then jumped over the counter. He began to wash his Sensei's pans.

He scrubbed the pans violently until he couldn't feel grease. He messily dried the pans and hanged them on the pot rack. He washed the remaining spoon and cup and ran back to his seat, pretending to wait patiently.

His Sensei opened the door with his dried and washed clothes and handed them to him. " You can go change, now."

Xavier saluted him and walked to the room. "Thanksss..." He drawed out, walking backwards. He then laughed nervously and ran to the room, almost slamming the door shut and locking it.