5. HIGHWAY TO HELL

This chapter is dedicated to Asiyeneys17 for the tremendous support. Thank you so much.

*********************************

Chapter 5: HIGHWAY TO HELL.

*********************************

It's been two days since the interview and any hopes of me getting the job are certainly out the window.

I kept checking, rechecking and refreshing my emails and disappointment filled me with each attempt.

The optimism that I felt previously was abandoning me slowly until doubts and second thoughts were all that was left.

I don't really want to deal with another rejection letter. That's all I've got the last four times and every time my confidence has taken a serious blow that was difficult to recover from.

I hugged my pillow and sat up in my bed looking at the wall in front of me which was painted green.

Only the wall opposite my bed had some colour in it, all others were plain white and lined with various photo frames, my walk-in closet was to the left and my king-sized bed took up most of the space in my room.

My eyes landed on my laptop and I sighed. There wasn't even a rejection letter in my inbox, even though that fact should be comforting in a way, it felt nothing like relief.

'They said they would get back to me within two days.' I sighed.

'I should probably apply to some other place soon' I thought dejectedly at the series of stress-inducing, nerve-wracking events that would surely follow.

Kyle marched inside my room, since the door was wide open, sending a wrong welcoming message, he came and stood in front of me.

Holding up two shirts from their crooked hangers, he asked me "which one?" his face was hopeful, and eyes naturally bright with mysterious excitement.

I scanned the shirts, they were both sophisticated and casual, one was a midnight blue and the other was crisp white with black polished buttons down the front.

"Where are you going?" I ask instead, ignoring his question and held off giving my opinion.

"I have a dat-" he cut himself short, cleared his throat and attempted again "I mean a day out with my friends."

So he has a date?
No wonder he wanted my opinion on fashion, since his own sucks.

"A day out with friends huh? Then why do you need to 'dress to impress'?" I teased, calling him out on his white lie.

He tensed up like a stretched guitar string and that more than confirmed it for me.
I smiled, well....cat's out of the bag bro.

I jumped up on my bed holding my sunscreen bottle in front of my face like I was holding a microphone and started speaking dramatically like a reporter. "breaking news, famous actor slash supermodel Kyle Brook has a secret date with a mystery girl, or it could be a guy, we never know." I winked as if I was speaking into a camera and continued, "this is gonna come as a heartbreak for all his fan-girls...... oh well" I pretend to be sad.

"But to all the gossip columns and magazines it could be a treat." I mused. "so, who is this mystery date and why is she/he a mystery? let's hear it directly from Kyle Brook himself!" I Stretched my arm to hold the bottle in front of his face while trying hard not to laugh out loud at the annoyed expressions he wore.

He tried to look intimidating and unfazed but failed miserably at both when he flatly said "Alexandra".

"Yes, Kyle Edward Brook?" I humoured him, a cheeky smile on my face.