Picky friend hunter

You sat alone during lunch. It's your first day at school and everyone seem to have their own friend groups. You're too shy to approach anyone, oh well.

You took a bite out of your bland sandwich you bought from the cafeteria. Unfortunately, your phone died, so you had nothing to do to make it look less pathetic.

You wanted to die on the spot, this is really sad.

Sighing, you finished your sandwich up and walked away. Throwing the wrapper into a trashcan in the process, no one noticed that there's new face.

Hm, you still have some time to kill. Let's explore the compound, maybe you'll find some other lonely student to make friends with.

Or you could always go to your english teacher to gossip. But... you don't know if she welcomes the idea of it.

Exploration it is.

You pushed your hands into your pockets and scan your surroundings. Man, are all the kids in the cafeteria? You would expect to see one or two outcasts roaming around too, but you were wrong. The hallway is deserted.

You scratched the back of your head, gee. You need to make friends.

Let's go to the bathroom next. There is a chance that you'll meet an outcast there.

As you propel yourself forward, your ears perked up at the sound of loud banging and faint screams for help.

"Anyone there!? Anyone out there!? Please help me! I'm stuck in this locker!" Your face lit up. Sounds like a lucky catch!

You grinned to yourself, hell yeah. First friend in this foreign school, you pray that he or she isn't that problematic.

"Which locker are you stuck in?" You asked.

The person knocked on the metal door, it was just a few lockers down.

You looked at the combination lock. "What's the combination?" You asked.

Whoever is in that metal box sounded like they're sobbing.

"I—I don't know! I d-don't know... I'm sorry!" You rubbed your chin. Is this worth your time? You want to help out in exchange for a friendship, but... you're kind of lazy to start playing detective.

"Who's locker are you in?" You asked.

"Mine!"

"That doesn't make sense."

"I-I'm sorry! I blanked out a-and I— I reme—remember my combination now! It's 1543!" Their voice is shaky.

You proceed to spin the knob. 1543.

Doesn't work.

"H-huh? Sorry! I- It's not 1543! It's u-um... 1453!" You then spun the knob again.

Click!

That's the correct code. Soon, a small, scrawny boy came tumbling out of the locker. You were surprised, he has such a feminine voice....! And feminine face too!

Wait a minute. You can't tell if this person is female, male or non-binary. It's not nice to assume anyways.

"T-thank you...! I'm sorry for inconveniencing you, I'm sorry—"

"You sure do like saying sorry." You commented.

"I'm sorry!" They squeaked, wiping the tears away from their face.

"What's your name?" They shied away from you. This is going to be hard, but what can you do? No matter what, you need friends. You need some connections or else you're probably going to be the punching bag for bullies.