Chapter 7

Remaining battery, 8%.

Is there a mistake? It's been charging all afternoon and only this much? Using potatoes to generate electricity is faster than this.

8% battery. What games could she play? What song could she listen to? What movie could she watch?

Jiang Miaomiao looked at the solar power bank like it's chicken ribs. It's tasteless, but it's a pity to give it up.

Lu Qiming came over.

“Can I borrow your phone?”

“Why?”

“I need to look at the GPS.”

The GPS APP on her mobile phone has a cache so even if there's no internet at the moment, you can see the map of the city.

Lu Qiming found the nearest supermarket to the Villa and it was almost the same distance as Jiang Miaomiao had said before. It would take seven stops by bus and about 20 minutes. But the shortest driving distance is 2.5km and it only takes about eight minutes.

He was holding the phone while thinking and suddenly asked:

“When will your great aunt come again?”

All their previous stocks have been used up.

Jiang Miaomiao's mouth twitched, “You pervert. What do you want to do? You want to use my blood to attract the zombies?”

Lu Qiming righteously said, “Since you're going to throw it away, it's better to use it.”

“No.” She felt disgusted just thinking about it.

“Aren't you afraid of staying here and starving to death?”

“If you die, you die. I never planned to live until the next year when I decided to stay here in the first place.”

Jiang Miaomiao continued: “Anyway, I won't run out with you and take the risk anymore. If you want to, go by yourself. Don't drag me.”

Lu Qiming was speechless and threw the phone into her hands and walked to the dinner table to eat.

Jiang Miaomiao had eaten a pack of self-heating rice in the afternoon and her stomach was still full. She ignored him and took the flashlight then went to the corner beside the refrigerator to check the bean saplings she brought back.

The bean sprouts are about half as high as her calf and the leaves are already coming out. She estimated that it won't take long for it to bloom and form pods.

If she could eat a pot of fresh soybean stew before death then it's worth dying.

It's just that there are too few nutrients in the pot to meet her growth needs. The bean saplings are obviously wilting and may die soon.

It must be planted in soil.

But this Villa was either covered with floor or cement. Where can she find soil?

The yard has it. She wanted to take a small bucket and sneak out to get some back, but she feared that golden half buttocks wouldn't agree.

Jiang Miaomiao was entangled.

Lu Qiming squinted at her, “I can help you get soil in the yard.”