Way Down In New Orleans

The next thing Gen knew, she was walking the streets of the French Quarter, headed towards the Mikaelson's compound with them, and her friends from Mystic Falls. She could smell the jambalaya, the gumbo, the beignets, and she could hear street performers playing jazz a few blocks down. Walking down the street, she noticed a few men and women giving the Mikaelsons dirty looks, while nodding respectfully at Marcel. She looked curiously at Elijah, but he refused to make eye contact with her. As they approached the compound, they noticed something off. The gates had been blown open, though not by any bomb, as far as they could tell. Plants and stones were strewn about the courtyard, and there was ash in a few spots from where a fire had started, but had long since gone out. They heard a noise coming from above them, and looked up to see a young man with chocolate brown hair, fair skin, and a chiseled jawline run out onto the balcony, and then race the stairs. From his speed, and his smell, Genevieve knew he must be a vampire.

"Josh, what happened?" Marcel questioned.

The young man shook his head in confusion. "I don't know really. One second everything was fine, then the next, the weather got all crazy, but only in here. Then the gates blew open, and this strange woman struts in, wanting to know where "the child is". I told her to get the hell out, and apparently she didn't like that. She waved her hand, and I went out cold. I woke up a few minutes ago, and went to check on Hope-"

At this, Klaus cut him off. "Where is she?" he demanded, his voice rising in anger.

Josh lowered his head. "I'm sorry, man. I tried to stop them. I tried, but I-" 

He was cut off once more by Klaus grabbing him by the neck and lifting him in the air. He gasped, and tried desperately to loosen Klaus' grip, but to no avail. Klaus raced to the other side of the room and threw him against the wall, before picking him up again, and tightening his grip.

"Klaus! Let go of him!" Gen shouted as she rushed forward. And as easily as one would pick up a piece of paper, she pulled him off Josh, and shoved him away. Josh seemed bewildered by this, but she had no time to explain.

"Don't blame the boy, Klaus. None of you would have been able to stop her. You would have just gotten yourselves killed if you tried. What matters now is that we get your daughter back, before Circe can do her harm."

He nodded solemnly, though he still had that same murderous glint in his eyes, one she knew well. Josh noticed this too, and took a few steps back, away from Klaus, fear evident in his eyes.

"Where would she hide?" Alaric asked.

"Most likely somewhere near water. Given that she's a siren, that's where she would feel the most powerful, the most safe."

Damon scoffed. "Well, we can't exactly search the whole of the Mississippi River to find her."

Gen glared at him. "She'd also be somewhere secluded, out of sight and earshot if possible. She'll probably have paid off a witch or two to help her, so there will most likely be some magic residue in the area."

Freya nodded. "We can work with that," and turning to Klaus she said, "I'll get Vincent and Davina and see if we can do a locator spell, and maybe a magic detector spell."

"What should the rest of us do?" Elijah asked Gen.

"Start scouring the Quarter, the Tremé, and Algiers, as well as the Bayou. Look for any sign of her, and ask around. It's possible that she has been spotted."

Everyone set off for their individual assignments, leaving Klaus and Genevieve alone in the courtyard.

"Promise me," he began, his tone hushed but full of anguish, "that you'll get her back."

Gen looked him in the eyes, his being filled with anger and sorrow. "I will do all in my power to get her back safely. I promise."