Chapter 17

"I fully support your decision son" My father and I walk out towards the palace doors.

I sigh in relief "Thanks father, it means a lot."

He squeezes my shoulder. An reassuring gesture he knows I like.

"Yes, Rex is here" Rupert yells out to the small pack gathered out front. "Listen up, stay in line! We go inn together and we go out together, that means you too Brax."

Brax snorts "Tell that to your own deaf ears fox."

Rupert was in his work mode and continued in a firm tone "It's a death - awakening Brax, not a sex party, remember that!"

I lay a reassuring hand on Ruperts shoulder, he had done a good job, gathering the shifters I wanted to come with us to the White Fang tribe. "Good job Rupert!" I grinned at him, yes he was going to make an excellent right hand man.

I had chosen him two years ago and he never lett me down. He wanted the title and worked hard for it. Grinning he nodded his head at me, wanting me to give the order for departure.

I glanced to my mate, Leo was standing next to Rupert "are you ready?" I asked holding out a hand for him.

"Yes" he said grinning.

"Alright boys, let's go for a run!" I snickerd taking of to the east, my pack tight on my paws.

We reached the border and was greeted by the White Fang pack, escorting us to the green field where the awakening would be held.

The death-awakening was a ceremony that would guide the animal soul back to the inbetween and thereafter to be reborne into another shifter when the time was right.

Several shifters from other packs were already gathered around the field standing in small groups, I nodded to several leaders, acknowledged their presence in a formal matter. Holding Leo's hand we go to a small open place, my pack following neatly behind us.

In the center of the flower field the deceased king of the White Fang pack lay ontopp a massive pile of wood and branches neatly twined together. The king was tucked inn a green and white fabric whit the packs symbol on, only the head was visible.

A few more shifter packs made their entrance as was custome when a king would have a death awakening. To show their support and make affiliations to their packs new heir.

Prince Will, the soon to be king of White Fang pack were in good acquaintance and had a strong and good allies through the shifter people, mostly because he had already taken to the throne right after his father had become ill.

Micha entered the field sporting a rather big pack behind him, he glanced casually around the field. When he spotted me and my mate he headed straight for us. My animal close to the surface. Not wanting that prick anywhere near Leo.

I'm not sure why I felt so hostile against Micha, was it just jealouse that he knew Leo before me? That they had a history growing up together? They were family after all. But deep down this nagging feeling kept bugging me, itching my Lynx to protect Leo. Was that why? Did my animal sence Leos animal unpleased by Micha?

"Rex" Micha stated when he was standing in front of us. I bite down my bubly irritation and gave him a slight nod.

"Leo" he greeted my mate and took a good step towards him.

Was he going to hug my mate? I roared loudly my protest and he stopped, my animal close. Our packs tensing behind us, some shifting others waiting.

He didn't move back, standing close to us, to close.

"Dont touch my mate!" I growled to Micha, showing my teeth, a final warning.