C H A P T E R 20

July 1 | DAY 709 : 13 pm

July 1 | DAY 7
09 : 13 pm

Hoseok was gone. Even though their minds couldn't accept it, he was gone. They sat against the cold tiled wall of the bathroom, staring blankly into the air, breathing rhythmically. A small flashlight lit up the room, fighting against the darkness that prevailed.

Their eyes had run out of tears. They didn't have the energy to even cry a little, to ease their heavy hearts, to be able to think clearly.

Seokjin wished to go back to the time when his heart used to beat at a normal pace, him safe and warm in his house, in his mother's embrace. He couldn't do this anymore.

"What are we supposed to do now?", Yoongi said as he slowly looked at Seokjin who was sitting in the same position since he had got back from the kitchen.

The question ringed in Seokjin's mind repeatedly. His breathing hitched as he gritted his teeth. He closed his eyes tightly as he sucked in a deep breath.

"How am I supposed to know?", Seokjin mumbled under his breath.

"Seokjin...", Yoongi started but he was abruptly cut off.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?!", Seokjin yelled, startling Yoongi.

Seokjin's sudden outburst drew all the attention in the room towards him. Taehyung peered at him from a corner, but Jungkook still had his head hung low.

"Tell me! How am I supposed to know?!"

Seokjin stood up. He was done. He couldn't take it anymore. The little glimmer of hope that he had was long gone and he knew that they were going to die, one way or the other.

Yoongi stared at Seokjin. For some reason, he felt scared. He wanted to somehow calm Seokjin down before he would do something dangerous. A normal human mind could only persevere so much and Seokjin was on the edge.

Yoongi tried to stand up, his leg was still hurting, but he wanted to talk to Seokjin.

"Seokjin... I was just...", Yoongi started speaking, but Seokjin suddenly cut him off.

"Why do you always ask me what to do?", Seokjin shouted.

"When somebody dies...", he paused to breathe. "Why is it my fault?!"

He broke down into a sob, but he still stood.

"Nobody said that."

Yoongi tried to hold his hand, but Seokjin pushed him away. Yoongi lost balance, but Taehyung suddenly caught him.

"Hyung! Calm down...", Taehyung retorted.

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down?!", he locked his red eyes on Taehyung's sleep-deprived ones.