Chapter 14 - Double Trouble

Lucy tried to hold herself up with one hand on the balancing beams while Jay was trying to teach Lloyd how to harness his Lightning powers.

"Focus, Lloyd. Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it." Jay told his pupil while Lucy fell over again.

"I understand. I am in control." Lloyd said.

"Come on, Lloyd. You can do it." Jay said.

The bulb shattered. "Aah! Stupid light bulb!" Lloyd groaned. "You're putting too much pressure on me. Let me have one more try." He insisted.

"Ugh, sorry, Lloyd. That was the last light bulb." Kai sighed.

Cole handed each kid a broom. "Clean up, Lucy, Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow."

Instead of cleaning, Lloyd used it to hit a punching bag. Lucy frankly never had used a broom before.

Lloyd hit the punching bag with his broom and it bounced off and hit him back.

"You dare defy the Green Ninja!?"

"Lloyd?" She went up to her brother while the others were talking to Sensei.

"What?" He asked sourly.

Lucy took a small step away from him. "How do I sweep?"

Lloyd stopped hitting the punching bag and looked at her. "Right, you never... ok."

Lloyd stopped hitting the punching bag with his broom and started to show Lucy how to sweep.

She mimicked his movements and swept up a small pile of broken glass. She looked at Lloyd to see if she was doing it right.

Lloyd gave her two thumbs up and she beamed.

"Once you're done we're going somewhere." Cole said, coming over.

"Where?" Lloyd asked.

"Darkly's. They changed and want to give you an honorary degree in excellence." Cole told him.

"That's cool! Good job, Lloyd." Lucy said.

"Yeah, I guess." Lloyd shrugged.

The Ninja were all on the Ultra Dragon, flying their way toward the school.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo! Now that we can ride the Dragon, we should get to Darkley's in no time." Jay whooped.

"If Lloyd can get us there in one piece." Lucy sent a small annoyed glare at the Fire Ninja for that comment.

Cole was instructing Lloyd. "Just be gentle. Any sudden moves can cause him to—"

Lloyd suddenly tensed. "Any sudden what?" He accidentally pulled the reins.

They screamed as the Dragon's went into a dive.

"The reins! Let go of the reins!" Cole shouted. Lloyd dropped the reins and they land on the ground.

Lloyd chuckled nervously. "Hehe. At least I'm getting better."

"All the same, I'll take the reins going home. Just to be safe." Said Cole.

They got off the Dragon and started towards the school. Lucy didn't like being back one bit, she hated that they went back already before too. So she did what she always did when she was nervous or scared. She got behind Lloyd.

Normally she'd grab his hand, but the girl didn't want to hinder him. He obviously noticed this and offered it to her.

"Thanks." She whispered and took it. He nodded.