12. TRUCE FOR NOW

Thankyou so much for your support for this story it really encourages me to keep going.

Please keep voting, commenting and sharing the story.

I hope you like this next chapter.
-Happy reading.

*********************************

Chapter 12: TRUCE FOR NOW.

*********************************
Alex POV;

*********************************

My apartment hunt has finally come to an end after what felt like decades, after searching intensely for so many days I was standing in a place I could happily call mine. It was a three bedroom apartment, close to work, with a beautifully busy view of the city and access to the rooftop.

The pile of cardboard boxes in my living room, bedroom, random room and kitchen was now giving me a headache because I needed to unpack and so I postponed the task and decided to get to my office and get some work done.

My place got fully furnished just yesterday so I wasted no time in moving in. Looking at the decor I realised that I was biased towards blue, white and black , I grabbed the keys, locked the door and skipped out of the building, the weather was beautiful today as I looked up at cloudless skies and felt the pleasant breeze on my skin before getting into my car.

I guess it's safe to say my life's getting busier and going down a different path lately, I can't call it 'boring' cause my family just won't allow it. Dad and Kyle and Sammy never failed to remind me of their glorious presence by 'helping' me move out and by that I meant bugging me till Kingdom come, my mom as usual had tried her best but failed to control the hassle but she's not mad at me anymore and told me to visit often- like a gazillion times.

I thought Kyle couldn't get any crazier but it's getting worse as he's climbing higher the stairs of fame and popularity. Thankfully I'm not in the limelight of it at all and I preferred it that way.

It was another normal day with.......work, it's not really my definition of fun, especially since the workload had suddenly increased to an enormous level and there's not a minute to spare with the fast approaching deadlines. After parking my car I made my way towards my office room.

So, it's been a few weeks after the 'crockery breaking-coffee spilling-wound healing' incident and I've been avoiding Jensen ever since, well, even more strongly than before.

It was definitely a surprise when out of nowhere he once asked me if my hand was better, but since I'm set in my lines, I nodded and walked past him without a word or another glance, he even looked apologetic at certain point, but I didn't care. If he thinks everything is cool between us, he's got another thing coming!

It was a shock that he noticed my hand in the first place, I always thought Jensen was the kind of guy who would walk past a person who took a bullet for him, but not before shooting the poor guy a nasty glare for making him late for a meeting or something.

Yeah okay, so maybe he's not that bad and I'm just portraying him in dark light, but he has been giving me serious whiplash these days.

Everyone around me knew him better and longer than me and they all seem to think he's not so bad, he was not the 'nice guy' type either, but according to popular opinion he was pleasantly obscure and strangely attractive. Honestly, I couldn't disagree. So, for now my judgement of him stood at a firm A-OK.

I was really confused with him, in the beginning at least, it was obvious that we were of conflicting sentiments, which made it easier for me to not care, but now it's some weird kind of gray area and so it seems like a much bigger dilemma. I get muddled up around him, not knowing how to react or greet him.