Chapter 20

-------------------> THERE WAS APPROXIMATELY A WEAK LEFT FOR THE YULE BREAK (any respectable pureblood would certainly not term it as 'Christmas vacations') and to the surprise of every single person, Lucius Malfoy was still dating Darla Sewlyn

-------------------> THERE WAS APPROXIMATELY A WEAK LEFT FOR THE YULE BREAK (any respectable pureblood would certainly not term it as 'Christmas vacations') and to the surprise of every single person, Lucius Malfoy was still dating Darla Sewlyn. They had been together for three weeks now, and coincidently, the past three weeks, Lyra Black had been spending the majority of her time with her numerous cousins, most notably Gideon and Fabian Prewett.

In another complete coincidence, Lucius Malfoy had taken up glaring as a hobby and was being more temperamental than usual. The only times he wasn't snappish was (once again, a complete coincidence) during meal times (when he was seated beside Lyra Black-), during their nightly prefect patrols (when he was walking beside Lyra Black) and during the meetings of the Slytherin Court (when he was talking with Lyra Black). A complete and utter coincidence.

Lyra, meanwhile, was quite enjoying herself. It turned out, Lucius Malfoy, much like her brothers, detested being ignored or given the silent treatment and they thrived off of attention. To take it away from them was actually really pathetically funny.

Besides, she rather liked spending time and conversing with Fabian and Gideon. The three of them surprisingly had a lot in common and they were very fun together. Even Bella had grudgingly admitted that the twins were rather brilliant. 

And like she had predicted, her father and grandparents were delighted with the revelation that the three were spending more time together. James, Sirius and Regulus had a tendency to look up to the twins due to their mutually shared love of pranks and had sent her a very long letter that was entirely devoted to praising the Prewett twins with a post-script at the end of the letter from Regulus asking her to get their autograph. Lyra was very much tempted to remind the three of them that the Prewett's were their cousins, but Auntie Lucretia and her mother did not really get along which in turn meant that they the cousins didn't really meet up as often as they wished they would, so she instead wrote back saying that the three of them could hero-worship the Prewett twins in person, considering that they would, for the first time in forever, be joining them for the Yule celebrations. Lyra had also made a copy of the letter and shown it to Gideon, who happened to be very much touch and even may or may not have framed the letter.

Her mother's letter was equally as predictable. Although the words were written, she could swear that she could hear the words being shouted into her ears. Lyra wrote back to her mother a rather apologetic letter, saying that she was sorry but 'dad would feel so happy at seeing his nephews and niece again after a terribly long time', 'they are delightfully wonderful mother, I am sure you will like them when you meet them in person. Gideon and Fabian are very intelligent and want to become aurors when they grow older. With how much ambition the two of them have, I am honestly surprised that they didn't get into Slytherin!'. Her mother's reply to her letter was much more calm and collected. Lyra had a feeling that it was because she had mentioned the phrase 'Prewett's are part of the Sacred 28' in various forms and at almost every paragraph.