37.) Sob-Fest

“We’re over, Kale.” My knees went week and before I could collapse, I ran away from Kale’s shocked face and towards the road where we’d come in at, desperate to get out of here before I totally lost control.

Hot tears were falling down my face as my trembling fingers grabbed my phone and I called the first person I could think of.

“Hello?” He answered almost immediately.

“I’m going to throw up.” I said the first thing that came to mind.

“Holly? What’s wrong?” He asked in a worried voice.

“C-can you c-come pick-k me u-up?” I sobbed, clutching my stomach in my other hand as I leaned against the nearest tree to stay on my feet. My head felt dizzy as I replayed the last few minutes in my head. “You’re nothing but a lying whore” and “We’re over, Kale.” Was all I could hear in my mind.

“Of course, you’re at the park, right?”

“Mhm.” I mumbled. “H-h-h-hurry. P-please hurry.” I pleaded through my ugly sobs.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” He said quickly before hanging up the phone.

“Thanks, Ryder.” I whispered to nobody and dropped my phone to the grass below my feet. And that’s when my words came true and I doubled over, emptying the contents of my stomach onto the base of the tree.

I decided not to try to stand any longer and I sat down with my back leaning against another, non-puke drenched tree as I sobbed more than I should have been.

You’re nothing but a lying whore. Lying whore. Whore. Whore. Whore.

Soon, though, I see headlights shining in the distance and I sit up, sighing in relief when I see Ryder’s car pulling up beside me. I don’t give him time to get out of the car, I just hurry to my feet and then into the passenger side of the car before he vrooms away from the park.

“You’re a mess.” He commented, trying to cheer me up but for once, it doesn’t work.

I wiped my eyes from the thick stream of tears and curled up in a ball in the leather seat. “I am a mess.” I croaked.

“Do you want to tell me what happened?” He asked softly.

“We broke up.” I whispered, trying to keep my tears restrained.

“You and Kale?” He asked, completely shocked. Almost as shocked as how I felt.

“No, me and Santa Clause.” I snapped sarcastically, causing Ryder to crack a small smile.

“Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question.”

“I guess it was.” I mumbled.

“We’re back.” He said softly. I looked up to see that we were, in fact, in front of his house.

“Can, um, can I stay with you?” I asked nervously, my face turning a light shade of pink.

He gave me an unsure look. “I’m not good at comforting people.” He told me.

“Please. I-I just don’t want to be alone.” I pleaded, my lip quivering with another episode of sobs threatening to break through.

“Okay.” He sighed with an uneasy smile as he got out of the driver’s side and I followed him up the path to the front door.

After we got into the house, I followed him numbly up to his room, not daring to glance over at Kale’s closed door. It would only bring back a lot of really, really good memories.

“I’ll get you something to wear.” Ryder said awkwardly before pulling out a shirt that was way too big on me, yet very cozy. I went into the bathroom and changed so that I was wearing Ryder’s shirt and my dance shorts before returning to his room, noticing that he was wearing a t-shirt and only had on basketball shorts.

I also noticed a pair of bright red pumps next to the door.

“Did I interrupt something?” I asked suspiciously, motioning towards the shoes.

Ryder looked at the heels then sheepishly shrugged. “You’re more important than a one night stand, I’m sure she’ll come back for her shoes anyway.”

I nodded. Usually, I would have laughed at his perverted mind, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t even try to smile.

Ryder stepped over to me, silently wrapped his arms around me. “It’s okay to cry, you know.”

That’s all the invitation that I needed to let everything out and I started sobbing into Ryder’s chest like a crazy person. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to me, desperate of him not to letting go. I really didn’t want him to leave.

“Go lay down, I’ll be right back.” Ryder whispered in my ear before dropping his arms from around me.

I nodded and numbly walked over to the bed, laying down and covering myself with the covers. After a short moment, I heard Ryder talking into his phone.

“Hey, Jackson… I have Holly, I guess something happened tonight and she’s really messed up… No, no, she’s fine, physically, but um…” He trailed off not knowing what to say.

I held my hand out, silently telling him that I wanted to speak with Jackson.

“Here she is.” He said into the phone before handing it to me.

“Jackson?” I whimpered.

“Hey, what’s wrong, Holls?” He asked worriedly.

“Can you not tell Dad?” I asked, beginning to cry again.

“Tell me what happened.” He insisted.

“Everything’s ruined.”

“Holly, just stay strong, okay? Whatever happened, you’ll be fine.”

“I’m tired of being strong!” I screamed, hanging up on my brother and falling back into uncontrollable sobs. After a moment, I felt movement beside me and turned to see Ryder lying beside me. I instantly curled into him and laid my head on his chest as I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.

His strong arm pulled me close to him as I cried and I curled into him even more. “I’m sorry I ruined your night.” I blubbered.

“Hey, no worries.” He said, giving me a small smile and wiping a tear soaked strand of hair from my face. “Just close your eyes and sleep. Maybe you’ll feel better in the morning.”

I knew he was wrong. I wouldn’t feel better in the morning. I would never feel better.

But he was onto something about sleep, I was exhausted. “This kind of reminds me of the night that we met, only the other way around.” I mumbled tiredly through ugly sobs.

He laughed softly and kissed my forehead. “Yeah, I guess it does.”

I turned around so that we were kinda spooning and he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist as I sobbed some more and as I fell asleep one little sentence painfully relentlessly ran through my head.

You’re nothing but a lying whore.

______________________________________

Happy Thanksgiving! What did you do for Thanksgiving?

Vote, please? (: