Chapter Eleven: Mini Golf

When Pat asked me out for the first time, he went on his way to prepare an adorable picnic for our first date. Romantic gestures has always been his specialty.

Now, I have no idea what he was planning.

He dropped me off home from school and said he will be back to pick me up at six. In theory, that should give me ample time to get ready and fix myself so I could actually look presentable.

In practice, I was a hyperventilating mess in my room while staring at my closet full of clothes.

I forgot that I actually donated a huge chunk of my clothes somewhere near Christmas to make room for new ones that I bought as a present to myself. So, the closet that I currently have right now was something I was no longer familiar with.

And I have no idea what to wear.

Alright, time to call for backup.

"Zoey!" I whined out loud to my phone, "Help me!"

She didn't even flinch or sounded surprised, you could really tell that she was used to me acting like this.

"That's my job as your best friend," I heard her laugh, "So what's wrong?"

"I have a date and I need to borrow an outfit," I explained and I heard her gasp dramatically.

"I'll be there in five minutes."

Actually, she got here in three.

When I opened the door to her, she had multiple articles of clothing hanging from her arm, a giant makeup bag, and even a curling iron.

"You sounded like you were really thinking hard for this date so I want to be as excited as you are," she grinned, pushing herself into the house before I could even offer to help carry some of her things.

I don't know why she was like that since I already told her about the whole horror story of how Pat asked me out. But she did have a point, I did sound like I was looking forward to this.

She pushed me in front of the mirror on my desk and immediately started assaulting my face with her grand amount of makeup. While I did own quite a collection as well, that couldn't compare to what Zoey had. She loves anything girly – from dressing up to doing her hair in the cutest hairstyles.

"So where are you two going?" she asked as she pounded my face with a beauty sponge.

"I have no idea but when I asked him, he said there's no need to dress fancy," I told her.

It wasn't like he could do the picnic again. We did that because we had our date during lunch time so I was sure right now, he was planning on doing something different.

I was kind of terrified because I could no longer predict what was going to happen. I strayed too far from the events that I have experienced before and the future I came from was vastly different from what I was experiencing right now.

Leon and I weren't supposed friends, Sasha and I have never argued this much in our entire lives, and Pat and I were supposed to be playful seatmates. At this point in time, we were on that sort of tango between friends and something more.

While now, he boldly asked me in front of the whole soccer team. Not idealistic in any way possible.

"Who knew that he will be brave enough to ask you out?" she said with a giggle, instructing me to close my eyes so she can start with the eye makeup.

Girl, he was too brave, if I do say so myself.

Though what she did say after almost caused an accident, "Especially since you mentioned he's best friends with that other guy who asked you out? The one on the bleachers?"