°Roommates°

Move! I'm coming through!' Kaycee shouted, kicking the door open with her foot as she wobbled into the apartment with three stacks of boxes in her hands.

'Jesus, Kayc. You could have asked for help' Sean t'sked, taking two of the boxes and putting them on the floor.

'I could have done it myself' she pouted, batting her eyeslashes.

'And you could have hurt yourself tying to do it. Be careful, please' Sean pleaded, holding on to her shoulder and leading her into their kitchen.

Sean and Kaycee had just moved out of their house and due to it being a big deal to their parents that they couldn't take care of themselves, both decided it'd be a great idea to move into together, considering there were so many pros attached along with it. One: only have to pay pay half bill. Two: they're best friends. Three: parents worry less.

'I bought some pots and stuff so we can cook' Sean explained, opening up the cupboards to a neatly tidied pot wardrobe.

'You mean, you can cook. There's no way I'm burning down my first ever apartment that I've lived in' Kaycee Joked, intertwining her hand in Sean's, for a sense of warmth.

'You good?' He asked, giving her tiny hands a light squeeze.

'Mhm, just nervous, that's all. It's not really like us to be so far away for home' she explained, sitting down on the couch with him.

'True, but... you're the luckiest person in the world cause you get to room with me' Sean exclaimed, leaning forward and tackling Kaycee on the couch, his arms wrapped around her torso and his head laying on her chest.

'I guess' she giggled, brushing her fingers through his tousled hair and styling it upwards. 'Sean?' He hummed in response, way too content with the way her fingers touched his hair to talk. 

'Thank you for making this move so easy' she thanked, closing her eyes like Sean.

'Your welcome and stop being so cheesy. I don't like this cheesy, emotional Kaycee, please bring back the rude one' Sean teased, poking her sides.

'Rude!' Kaycee bellowed, pushing Sean off her body. 'I was trying to be nice!' She laughed, standing on the couch with a pillow in her hand.

'Don't! Kayc, no! We just bought those' Sean feared, holding onto her legs before a pillow hit him straight in the face.

'Pillow fight' she screamed, jumping on top of Sean and smacking him with her pillow.

'Stop! Kayc! Rice bowl, stop' he begged, holding onto her flailing hands. 'Seriously, look at you now. You're twenty years old' he shook his head, adjusting the strands of her hair which had fallen out of her messy bun. 

'You're no fun!' Kaycee pouted, crossing her arms above her chest and readjusting herself so that she was straddling Sean's lap.

'Weirdo' he chuckled, caressing her jaw with his soft fingers. 'You're so beautiful' he added in a whisper, almost too quite for kaycee to hear. Almost.

'What?!' She shrieked, scrunching her face up in disgust as if he had said something inappropriate rather than a compliment.

'I said you're beautiful' he said, a little louder and a bit more confidently this time. 'And it's about time you realise that'.

'You told me to stop being so cheesy and emotional, now it's your turn' Kaycee joked, burying her face in the crook of Sean's neck so that he wouldn't witness her rosy cheeks and her wide smile.

'Me thinking that you're beautiful is not cheesy, Kayc' he snickered, hugging the brunette tightly.

'It is! If I say it is, then it is' Kaycee huffed, her face still hidden.

'And Kaycee Rice always does what she wants and gets her way' Sean finished, attempting to pull Kaycee away from his neck.

'Come on, we have to finish packing' Sean spoke softly, playing with the ends of her hair.

'No, five more minutes, I'm tired' she complained, wrapping her two hands around his neck.

'Okay, then you can take a nap. Atleast let me finish up' he chuckled, forcing himself not to kiss his best friends neck which laid open and bare to his disapproval.

'No! Don't go' Kaycee whined, turning her head so that her lips touched the base of Sean's neck.

'Uh-okay, I wont' he stuttered, taking in a large gulp.

'Good, that's better' she giggled, the sound vibrating through Sean's body.  'I couldn't ask for a better best friend'. And those were the only words Sean needed to make his heart sink and come back to reality and mentally shake his head for loving his best friend. 

'Neither could I'  he whispered, loosening his grip around Kaycee's waist and removing his hand from her curls.

'Everything alright?' She asked, perking her head up when she noticed him shift around and not hold her as protectively as she liked.

'Mhm, couldn't be better' he lied, avoiding her gaze.

'Don't lie, sean' 

'I'm gonna start making dinner. Take a nap if you want' Sean mumbled, lifting Kaycee off his lap and walking away into the kitchen where he started opening packets of pasta.

'Sean?' Kaycee called out, waving a hand in front of his face. 'Sean? Seriously?' 

'What?' He snapped bitterly, causing the girl to stumble back.

'Nevermind' she whispered, taking a seat on one of the kitchen stools as she watched Sean cook them dinner.

 Around twenty minutes later, Sean finally spoke up. 'Kayc, go take a shower. It's nearly ready' he muttered, his back still facing her.

'No' she scoffed, standing up and standing right behind Sean.

'What? Just go take a shower for goodness sake' he huffed, rolling her eyes at him. He was mad at her even though it was technically his fault for falling in love with her and it wasn't her fault if she didn't feel the same way.

'What's gotten into you?' She snapped, turning him around and staring at him with her gorgeous hazel green eyes.

'Nothing. Just go take a shower'.

'Not until you stop being so cold' she raised her voice, rising on her toes slightly to cup his cheeks. 'What's wrong, Shamu?', she whispered, worry and a tiny bit of fear etched in her eyes. And that's when Sean realized what he was doing and why. So he took in a deep breath, scolding himself for being so bitter towards Kaycee when it wasn't her fault, at least not in Sean's opinion.

'Nothing. Nothings wrong. I'm sorry' he murmured, finally wrapping his arms around her waist and bringing her closer to his body.

'Stressed?' She questioned softly, rubbing her thumb along his jawline.

He nodded his head in a lie, bringing her closer until their bodies laid flushed against each other in a warm hug. 

'Sorry, Kayc' he murmured, squeezing her waist.

'It's okay. We're best friends, now roommates. We'll just have to work out any problem we have.'.

And that was the truth. They were best friend, now going to be roommates. There was nothing more to it.

AN| HEY GUYS 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

AHHH, THIS IS MY LAST CHAPTER I'LL BE WRITING IN THIS ONE-SHOT BOOK UNTIL I COMPLETE WRITING 'REINCARNATION'. CHAPTER 4 OF IT IS UPLOADED NOW! GO READ IF YOU WANT TO. THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ON MY NEW BOOK. 

THE NEWEST CHAPTER OF REINCARNATION (which I haven't published in my oneshots) IS COMING OUT TMW. YAY! 

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX