4. Absurd

Arianna De Luca

"I present to you, your Donna and my wife, Arianna De Luca." Dario addressed the men standing before us. I felt little tingles when he called me his wife. We're currently at his warehouse where most of his men are trained at. He also has an office here.

It's been two days since we're married and my days haven't been as bad as I expected them to be. Mia, the personal help Dario has assigned for me, is a very funny and cheerful girl. I met Matteo, who's a cousin and underboss to Dario. Even Nina, Matteo's wife stopped by yesterday.

Today, Dario wanted to introduce me to his men and so I'm currently standing before his army, with his strong hand securely wrapped around my waist. I feel butterflies in the pit of my stomach every time he touches me. There's this spark between us, I'd say.

His men bowed down their head in respect. After that, Dario was giving me a little tour of the warehouse when I saw a man starring at me creepily. He was following us everywhere we go and I was getting uncomfortable every time I see him eyeing me. I guess I shouldn't have wore this dress today. It was a white spaghetti sleeved dress and it was hugging my body yet showing off my curves.

Dario sensed my discomfort and pulled me into his chest, by his right hand encircled around my waist. I inhaled his scent and closed my eyes. I feel secure with him. I feel safe.

I heard a gunshot and looked up at Dario, who was holding his gun in his left hand. I turned and saw the man's now lifeless body on the floor. I looked up at Dario again in horror, who simply gestured a couple of his guards to clean the area. I didn't panic when I saw the dead body because I'm not new to the bloodshed but killing the man was absolutely unnecessary.

Dario held my hand and pulled me to his office. He was fuming with anger right now. He stripped off his coat and threw it on the couch. He rolled the sleeves of his white shirt up and opened the first two buttons. He sat on his plush chair and pulled out a cigarette, placing it's end in his mouth. He was about to lite it when I said, "Please don't. It's not good for you." He looked up at my face and after a second passed, threw it away.

"I'm sorry Dario. I know I shouldn't have dressed this way. I promise I won't ever wear such dress just please don't be angry." I requested as I started chewing the insides of my mouth. What if he'll get angry at me now?

He drew in a deep breath and ran his hand through his black hair. "Come here." He commanded and I walked up to him. He pulled me on his lap by my waist. A yelp escaped my mouth at his action. He kept me in place by his right hand firmly wrapped around my waist and rested his other hand on my knees. A blush crept up my face as I realised how close his face was to mine.

He kept my left hand around his neck and gave a little squeeze on my waist. I looked up into his eyes and he kissed my other hand. "You're scared of me, preziosa?" He asked in a soft tone.
(precious)

"A little." I meekly replied with a nod.

"Don't be. I might be a monster to the world but you're my wife and I'll never hurt you. And what was that nonsense about you wearing the wrong kind of dress?" He asked and I cleared my throat a little before answering, "I mean, dad always said I shouldn't wear such dresses and today since we wear in a rush so I quickly wore this without a second thought."

"That's absurd. La mia bellissima moglie, you can dress however the fuck you want to from now on. You're a woman, you have all the right to wear such dresses. I will always shut the mouth of those men who look at you. Not because you're my woman but because you're a woman. Forget whatever your father said. As long as you're with me, you're a free bird. Do whatever you want to."
(my beautiful wife)

I was surprised to be honest. I didn't really expect this type of answer from Dario. A part of me was beyond happy thinking what an enlightened person my husband is. A small smile slowly made it's way to my lips.

"Okay?" He asked with his eyebrows raised. "Okay." I softly said smiling.

He smirked at me and kissed my cheek. A blush formed on my face once again. He slowly ran the back of his hand on my cheek and I'm pretty sure I heard him whisper, "Così carino."
(So pretty)

A knock was heard on the door. I tried to get off his lap but he slightly tightened his hold on my waist and kept me in place. Matteo walked in and I bit my lip realising how my brother-in-law just saw us in such a position. His eyes flickered on me and a small smirk appeared on his face. I slightly blushed at mine and Dario's position. Dario cleared his throat motioning Matteo to talk.

"I need to talk to you, Dario. It's in the concern of the gang." Matteo informed.

"Go ahead." Dario commanded but Matteo hesitated a bit at my presence. "I'll leave you two to talk." I said and once again tried to get off Dario's lap but instantly stopped when I heard his strong voice, "You can talk in front of my wife. I trust her." I felt chills down my spine when I heard his last sentence. Even my own dad never trusted me enough to discuss any gang related stuff. I looked up at my husband and gave him a small grateful smile. He kept a hand on mine with a small nod. We looked up at Matteo.

"Very well then. Dario, I'm sorry to inform you but we might have a mole."