Chapter 70: Motives

When Seungmin was out of sight, Byungho couldn't help, but lightly frown in worry for his younger half brother. The timing of his problematic condition was really awful and it was even worse that Lilith, the queen of hell and mother to all demons, had no clue how to help him.

Byungho glanced at Wonpil and saw that the older was basically staring at the bathroom door in worry before his gaze shifted onto Byungho. Wonpil showed a deep amount of concern in his dark eyes, which reflected the way Byungho was feeling at the moment. Still, a part of the brunette knew that his older brother he was probably more worried about Seungmin's wellbeing than him. After all, Wonpil was a demon and couldn't understand what their younger brother was going through.

The brunette couldn't help but think back to the moment Seungmin started to behave like he wasn't able to understand what was going on around him and how he just fainted mere seconds after seconds after that. Byungho had barely been able to catch him before he would have hit the ground.

"Should we get Woosu and Samuel?", Wonpil asked quietly like he was talking to himself. The demon's gaze adverted Byungho's and focused at nowhere in particular. For a moment, Byungho wasn't even sure if Wonpil was talking to him. The faint sound of a running shower was the only sound that was audible in the room right now.

Woosu and Samuel knew that something had happened to Seungmin but they weren't given any further information because of Lilith, who basically gave Rana the order to keep them away. Why she tolerated Byungho and Wonpil near Seungmin was still a bit unclear, but the last thing Byungho wanted to do was thinking about Lilith's motives. After all, she was a complicated and unreadable woman.

"I guess they should know that Seungmin is awake now", Byungho answered after a long pause. Wonpil turned around to look at Byungho and his worried, dark eyes were enough for the brunette to know that he should be the one to get them. At some point, Byungho really asked himself if he and Wonpil had always understood each other without words.

"I will be back in a few minutes", Byungho said, showing his older brother a small smile before heading to the door. Before the brunette left he heard Wonpil say a quiet "Thank you".

Byungho let a sigh escape his lips when he had walked a few steps away from the door of Seungmin's room. He slowly started to hate the gods for their stupid fate. Why did all of this need to happen? Why couldn't everybody just live in peace?

Byungho lightly shook his head, since he wasn't sure if everything that was happening right now was really fate's or the gods' doing, especially when it came to him and his family. After all, Adam had said ... no. No, no, no. The brunette once again shook his head to get those thoughts about this certain angel out of his head. There was no way he would start to think about this particular angel. He didn't want to think about any angels if he was honest.

"Where are you heading, Byungho?", the voice of his father echoed through the corridor. Byungho was ripped out his thoughts by that voice and halted before he turned around only to see his father, dressed in a black suit with his signature grin on his face, standing at the end of the corridor.

Just seeing the devil made Byungho feel conflicted. He didn't know whenever to hate him or not, to accept him or not. He was used to hating his father but recent events revealed that there was more to Lucifer than he had seen as long as he could remember.

"Samuel's room", Byungho answered his father's question simply. He wasn't really fond of the idea of talking to his father right now. The only thing he wanted was getting to Samuel's room to tell Samuel and Woosu, who had been staying with the siren for the night, about Seungmin being awake now. 
Lucifer hummed as a response to his son's answer and walked up to Byungho, still having a smile on his face that seemed casual but still amused. Byungho wasn't really fond of this smile either, since it was both difficult to interpret and irritating.