TWENTY THREE

* * *

"Aaaaahhhhhh!!!"

Alejandro flung away the severed head of the farmer he just chopped off all the way up to his dead ancestors' asscrack. His cronies tried not to squirm at the look of fury in his eyes.

He has just received the news of his men failing to burn down Arcade City while he was in the midst of pillaging a countryside village, several hundred miles outside the southern borders of the Arcadian empire.

It wasn't the largest farm he has ever pillaged on nor was it the most bountiful. It wasn't harvest season just yet but this farm had a sizeable amount of animals he can make use of.

This looks a more promising conquest than trying to start taking down Arcade City.

But then, his deliberate attack wasn't entirely for that purpose. It would've been nice to bring the city down into pitiful rubbles, but the idea was to send the people a message. A message that their beloved city is going to fall. To strike fear and confusion. To unsettle the Arcadian peaceful ways.

Bit by bit, Alejandro is cracking that sense of security every Arcadian feels so privileged to have. Once everyone fears for their lives, question the credibility of the imperial rule that is supposed to protect the people and the lands, he'll sweep in to take his claim and make the greatest empire in the world his crowning jewel.

It's about damn time.

It's just that Alejandro never really took any loss so lightly. The frustration of failure crawls in his skin, prickly and driving him insane.

"How the fuck did I lose that much people?! What exactly is that stupid Bunloaf boy up to??!"

In hindsight, he somehow knew that Arcade City will not crumble that easily. It stands on a solid base, a formidable foundation that generations of Jaureguis built. Loyal nobles, mighty knights, proud citizens, he knew all of them will rise to protect the imperial capital city and everything else. They will rise to protect all of the empire.

"Boss, it wasn't Lord Brad or his men who tried to stop us. A number of Imperial loyalists rallied so quickly. It's just that Arcade City is still heavily protected even without its rightful ruler; even the Imperial army from the surrounding areas were on their way as reinforcements —"

A crack of hand falls on to the face of the lieutenant who spoke. He just loves the crisp sound of someone else's pain, especially when hearing some unfavorable news.

If he wasn't losing manpower he would've swung his sword to cut this bitch's head off.

"Excuses, excuses, excuses!! You are all incompetent and useless!! Must I do everything for all of you stupid people??!! What else do you have for me?!"

Jelena, the lieutenant took a moment before she answered.

"The elf prince of Javaad was there when he is not supposed to,"

"Meaning nothing!! You got nothing for me because he is nothing to me! His kingdom is as small as his dick, if he has any that is! Gather our forces, we will claim Bunloaf County after I finish here. I expect everyone at sunset by the Vanilla hillside,"

With the Bunloaf boy busy in Arcade City, this one should be easy . . .

"But —"

"Are you questioniong me?"

Jelena the lieutenant shook her head.

"Very well, do as you are told bitch,"

Fearful and obedient, Jelena walked off. She motioned for her group to follow as their big boss merrily continued beheading the last remaining farmboys who tried to defend their land.