First impressions

weeks later...

"Are you sure you have everything?" Aunt May called out.

"Books, shirt, pencils, I've got everything Aunt May!" Peter grabbed his bag. "I'm going now!"

"Wait!" Aunt May handed Peter a large paper bag. "It's Lasagna. New recipe."

"Thank you Aunt May!" He rushed to the door. Aunt May grabbed his arm.

"One more thing!" she hugged him. "I still can't believe you finally did it," she ruffled his hair. "Oh Benjamin would be so proud!"

"Yes. He would." Peter jogged down the stairs. "Bye!"

"Bye sweetie! Promise you won't hurt yourself!"

Peter paused. "Umm...Yeah...I will totally...not...hurt...Okay bye!"

He took a deep breathe. In front of him, a huge wooden door with the words A-1 stood before him. His new class, and one of many steps he'd have to take to become a superhero. His hands clenched the door handle.

Behind these doors lay some of the most elite students in the whole country. Maybe even the entire world. I'll have to do my best to live up to their expectations.

Peter pulled the door. It didn't budge. He tried again. Still nothing. That is, if I can even get inside.

"It's actually a sliding door. You're supposed to open it like this." A young boy his age slide the door to the side. His left hand wrapped around a black helmet with a red star on the top.

"Thanks."

The boy patted his shoulder. "Don't worry. You're just a newbie."

"As if. Sam, you made the same mistake while trying to use the bathroom." A girl said as she brushed past him.

"Kamala!" Sam cried. Peter walked in behind them.

The classroom was about 4 desks wide. The school had told them to wear uniforms; dark-blue navy jackets and a white shirt. In the front row Peter saw two kids rippling with muscles arm-wrestling. One of them wore a yellow mask around his face while the other had his sleeves rolled-up.

At the middle row, a dwarf of a kid was scribbling away in his notebook. Behind him, a girl with a bushy squirrel tail showed him a inanatomically-correct man.

"Why do you want me to draw Daredevil based of this? THIS!" The artist cried.

"I just think it's an accurate portrayal of him."

"His feet are the size of pencil tips! And why are his chest muscles so big? It makes him looks like he has boobs!"

"So? You are trying appealing to a male audience, aren't you?"

Peter peered over the crowd of students; all the way to the back seats. He saw...

Flash and T'Challa bickering.

Mixed feelings churned in his stomach.

"Why are you resting your foot on the desk?" T'Challa chided Flash. "That is disrespectful to the people who worked to build that desk!"

"What do you know about honor, Catman?" Flash snorted. "Your dad's armor is made of the strongest metal on Earth."

T'Challa took a deep breathe. "Okay, let us start at the beginning. I am T'Challa, son of T'Chaka, and next in line for the throne of Wakanda.

"A prince, huh? Good, crushing you will be soo much better.

T'Challa's eye twitched. "At least we are reaching an understanding." He noticed Peter. "Ah, the hero arrives." Despite T'challa only announcing his presence, Peter felt as if the whole class was staring at him. His face lit up like fire.