𝐒𝐘𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐒

000. 𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀

    LORI PHILBIN had a mind of her own. The seventeen-year old girl was haloed with a monstrous loathing for the world and a haphazard jumble of troubled ideas— she was quite unlike the flock that surrounded her. To cut the bullshit — in her glossed eyes, an unlocked window meant sneaking out in the middle of the night and a tedious class meant skipping school midday. Her frank statements, bluntness, soaring attitude, and her sheer inability to hold back from using french vocabulary in any situation — oh! Mon dieu! — Lori Philbin knew exactly who she was and who she wasn't. Or, did she?

Well, at least she knew something. And that something was the fact that her life was a never ending cycle of heartache and trouble, like there was a broken record on repeat filling the white noise all the time. If you like metaphorical stuff like that.

    In the prickling summer of 84', the girl's omnipresent, but notably underground rebellious antics had consequently sky-rocketed when her parents finalized their divorce papers. Maybe it was because her parents never really told her why they were separating. Whatever the reasoning was, Lori Philbin's bitterness towards the world had greatly deepened. And a different spark of attitude ignited in her stomach on the day her father announced that he'd be moving across the country to California, all by himself. Leaving Lori Philbin and her mom on their own.

    So, yeah, the teenager simply didn't have the patience for compliance anymore.

    Merely a month after her father's sudden departure, the family of two faced up to a possibility— and took it. In the last days of October 1984, and with new money from the divorce, they were making their way over to live near aunt Claudia Henderson, in the derelict and gloomy town of Hawkins, Indiana.

NO ONE REALLY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE ANYWAYS, RIGHT?

𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱. ( april, may )  2021

𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱. ( july )  2022