11. HE'S BACK

| CHAPTER ELEVEN |

HE'S BACK.

DAWN FELT GUILT BUBBLING IN her stomach, she was more than worried that she made Remus uncomfortable and stepped over the line, especially when he slowly pulled his hand from hers. She was about to say something when Krum suddenly exited the maze, his eyes completely white as he walked around all disoriented. 

The Durmstrang student was quickly ushered away to the medical tent as the tension rose in the stands. It was now between Harry and Cedric. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff going face to face.

"I'm sorry," The redhead finally said, her voice was smooth and gentle as she glanced to her side, "I shouldn't have said anything. It's not my place--"

"No, it's okay," Remus told her, placing his hand back onto hers as she fidgeted nervously before he took it off, his thoughts telling him that she wouldn't be comfortable with a monster being anywhere near her, let alone touching her, "I'll tell you later, if that's okay?"

"You really don't have to if you're not comfortable."

"I want to," He told her, refusing to make eye contact, "You need to know the truth."

Dawn nodded but didn't reply, instead, she timidly placed her hand over his; which was now resting on his own bouncing knee, "You don't have to worry, I'm not scared of you," She said, squeezing his fingers as she looked back at the maze.

Remus couldn't help himself as his eyes stayed glued to the redhead. His eyes exploring the right side of her face, her bright green eyes shone as she kept them forward. Her cheekbones were high and prominent but in a healthy way. A faint scar ran across her jawline. Her bottom lip was clearly embedded in-between her pearly teeth; a sight that caused Remus' breath to hitch in his throat. The sun was now beginning to set, casting a gorgeous glow to her face and hair. The orange from the sky seemed to make her red hair even brighter. Before the redhead could even notice him looking at her, the older man as quick to look away, trying to keep his eyes focused on the maze.

With the sun getting lower and lower, the anticipation of Harry and Cedric returning was high in the air. As Dawn's knee suddenly began to bounce again, her eyes widened when a loud snap was heard in front of the maze and two figures; one dressed in mustard yellow and the other in maroon red, appeared. 

The crowd was quick to start cheering. Students waved their Hogwarts flags happily as they celebrated in the victory. However, something wasn't sitting right with Dawn, she shared a worried look with Remus when she spotted Harry's arms wrapped around Cedric; who laid eerily still on the ground. The Cup was throw across the grass, no one really bothering to even pick it up.

The cheers were cut off when someone's ear piercing scream ran through the stands. Dawn's eyes were wide with fear as she watched Dumbledore, McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey suddenly surround the two bodies; almost as if they were hiding them from view. The redhead shot out of her seat, trying to look over the mass of students, professors and families. 

"He's back!" Harry's voice yelled, it sounded raw and full of emotion, "He's back! Voldemort's back!"