Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)

"Is wedding always this tiring or is it just me?" Valeria asked Valentino as she carefully removed her hair accessories and eventually let herself down, she gently gestured Valentino to help her remove her dress that night which he gladly did. He unzipped it slowly as if he was unzipping a sack of feather. Once the dress was off, all that was left was her inner satin gown and lingerie she wore specifically for her wedding. It was probably one of the grandest wedding for the year in Rome. They had invited a lot of people even though Valeria initially wanted a small private wedding, but the family insisted on having a much grander wedding because they wanted to impress the guests and to distract people from the drama of their family. They had endured enough embarrassment before from the failed engagement and they knew that people would also whisper about the fact that Valeria was marrying the brother of her ex fiancée.

People do that all the time, they talk about others as if they know exactly who those people are but at the end of the day those people don't know them or what's actually going on with them. If Valeria was to listen to what people were telling her, she and Valentino would have never gotten married to begin with. Sometimes she had to block out the noises around her and followed her heart. When she looked at his eyes, she could confidently said she regretted nothing.

His tender eyes gaze deeply into hers with a playful yet gentle and passionate smile forming on his lips. Valentino had never seen a creature more beautiful. The sight of her in all white that day had managed to make his heart drop but when it was combined with her playful attitude he was lost in a heartwarming adoration for her. He could not even begin to express how wonderful the day had been so far. It all started with a private ceremony at St Peter's Basilica that was attended by their closest family and friends, some of them flew all the way from outside the country to witness the exchanged vow between them. She was dressed in a rather simple classic long sleeve gown with filigree pattern around the top. It gave Valeria an angelic look when combined with her charming face and sweet gaze, but Valentino knew that Valeria was no longer an angel, she was something better, not quite a devil, but a creature in between, one with a devilish glint that had captured his heart since the beginning of time, it did not matter anymore because the moment she walked down the aisle his mind was too occupied to think of anything else, he kissed the lips he had never stopped craving over and over again.

At last, before God, they were finally one.

Once they held each other close, the world stopped spinning, everything turned into a blur. The people were decorative to their love story. Who were they in the story? Who would they be after the story? Valentino and Valeria did not care. The world were completely theirs that day. No one else could get between them then. It was sealed. No one. Even after their marriage, they had the assurance that both of them would remain faithful to each other. It's always easy for people to add traits such as honesty and loyalty when they were seeking for a partner yet somehow they had the tendency to gravitate toward those who end up hurting them. Valeria had been through the worst when it came down to infidelity. Thank heaven she was still given Valentino.

People might assume Valentino was the lucky one to have her, but truth was, it's the opposite, Valeria was the lucky one. True love had waited on her door while she was not at home, she was lost once, but somehow she made her way back home again.

Their wedding continued until the evening where they had shifted their location from the classic cathedral to the modern classic St Regis. It was where their extended circle truly came to join them in the celebration. Valeria had changed into a golden mermaid gown that was customized completely to her body type, it looked beautiful against her neutral warm skin and brunette hair which was decorated lavishly with a golden tiara that matched their looks. While Valentino wore a black wedding suit, he still matched her golden outfit by wearing a gold tie. The couple looked like they were worth over a million dollars, which they were, literally.