𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

chapter 10, no longer a game

As the Carmichael girl finished her stay at Tammyhill she hopped in her car planing to head home but something in her mind changed as she drove the opposite way heading to the least likely of all places, the Chateau.

As she arrived she noticed a black tinted truck in the driveway confused of who it belonged to. She made her way towards the front as she heard yelling coming from inside that's when strong hands wrapped around her body covering her mouth as she tried to flail out of the grasp but as soon as her eyes locked with JJ's she started to relax as he carried her into the chicken coop.

"JJ-" she started but stopped noticing the frantic attitude of the other pogues.

"Shh angel" JJ said pulling the girl closer to him.

Right as JJ had pulled the girl into him the two burly men came out of the house carrying boxes full of old documents. As if the odds weren't already against them the Rooster crowed loudly drawing attention to there hiding spot.

"Do something, Pope. Shut him up." JJ said the girl still glued to his body. And whatever she was doing calmed him and truly all she had done was place her body against his but that was enough.

"What do you want me to do?" Pope said frantic.

"Pet it, or talk to it. I don't know." Kie said crying and that's when something clicked in Reese's brain they were genuinely in fear of their life as her breathing rapidly increased and JJ took notice.

"Reese," he said as she was zoned out into a different place "Angel." he said quietly as she met his eyes. "You're okay." he said now placing the girl so she was almost in his lap. The chickens clucked and fluttered louder as Reese's anxiety bubbled but was slowly calmed by the touch of JJ's fingers on her skin. One of the truck doors slammed causing John B to turn his face around so no one was visible.

"You do something." Pope said as the Rooster continued.

Reese felt JJ tense up beneath as he carefully pushed her off of him. He grabbed ahold of the rooster tackling it as he pushing harshly on its neck as a loud crunching noise was heard. Kie slapped her hand over her mouth containing the sobs filling her throat. Reese's eyes clamped shut as she wanted the safe feeling of JJ back. And soon enough she was safe again as the blonde grabbed her. She quickly wrapped her body around him begging to be as close as possible.

"Ratter! What the hell are you doin'? Let's go." One of the men shouted as the other turned to go back to the truck. Once the engine had started they 5 friends released there emotions as JJ helped Reese out of the coop and Kie sobbed shaking the thoughts from her mind. JJ ran into the house quickly running to the bathroom as Reese followed closely behind. As he reached the bathroom he turned on the sink running his bloody hands under the water. His hands shook as he couldn't keep them still Reese walked up next to him placing her hands around his instantly calming him.

"J-" she said the blondes sobs cut her off as they began to ache out his throat. The girl slammed the door shut making sure the Pogues wouldn't hear him. "Shhh" she calmed him pulling the boy into her arms as he gripped her as tightly as possible.

"I-I'm sorry." he said quietly as his tears began to slow.

"Stop it." she said holding his face in her hands. His eyes locked with hers as her hands burned warmth through his skin causing pink to arise on his cheeks. Her eyes flicked down to his lips as her finger rubbed dangerously close to them, his eyes locked on her lips as well as he slowly leaned in but were interrupted quickly by John yelling.

"Uh-"JJ stuttered pulling away from the girl.

"Yeah" she said pushing hair behind her face. "I should probably head home." she said walking out of the bathroom heading towards the Chateau door.

"Enough Pogue life for the day?" JJ asked laughing at the girl.

"Actually" she said giggling "enough JJ Maybank for the day." she said turning towards the boy.

"Youll miss me Angel." JJ said leaning his body towards hers.

"Of course I will Loverboy." Reese responded this time leaning as close to his lips as she could slowly brushing against them as she watched the bright red cover his cheeks as she turned and walked towards her car.

And in that moment she knew JJ Maybank was no longer a game.

____________



hi. tired. sleep. okay. bye.

i love you.

(809)