Competition

The song for this chapter is Afraid by the neighbourhood.

After a rough first two days in the school, Louis wakes up on the day classes begin hoping that things might just go back to normal

Highly doubt it.

"Is this going to be a regular thing?" Louis asked as he sat up in bed, rolling his eyes at the sight of Harry meditating once again.

"I've already told you, I do this every morning to keep myself calm" Harry replied without opening his eyes.

Louis got out of bed with a sigh. "Fucking fantastic" he muttered. Stop it. "Why do you need to stay calm anyway? I'm the one who can't get any peace and quiet around here" He asked, walking past the boy to get to his wardrobe.

"I could do with some peace and quiet right now actually, you kind of need it for meditation" Harry scoffed. "And why do you care about me wanting to stay calm?"

"I don't. I just find it weird" Louis replied. "I'm going to get ready" He announced, walking to his 'private' bathroom.

"Don't care!" Harry called just as Louis shut the door.

Louis grit his teeth in anger.

Keep calm Louis. He's just trying to get under your skin. It's fine. He's an insufferable prick.

As he washed his face and applied some moisturiser, a very expensive one at that, he thought about how he could make Styles respect him. How he could make him realise Louis was not to be messed with. He could always tell his father, but that would only make the man think Louis was incapable of putting people in their place, like he had taught him to for the majority of his life.

He could just ignore him all together, but that would make it seem as if Harry had won, as if he had made Louis tolerate his rude behaviour, his snarky comments and his complete disrespect. It would make Harry think he could get away with it all; Louis knew if he didn't act quick he would become inferior to him.

That's not an option Louis.

He could be nice to him. But no, Louis' ego was too big for that. He would rather take a bath in bleach than be nice to Harry styles! He wasn't nice to anyone below him, he wasn't going to be friends with someone like that. People are nice to the Tomlinsons, not the other way round.

Don't compliment people, don't do them favours, don't get attached, don't trust them. Don't trust anyone! Don't do anything unless you will benefit from it. Don't do anything unless you get something in return.

He didn't know what to do. He had never been in a situation where people disliked him before and it was making his stay at the school a nightmare. He expected to come here and have everyone begging to be his friend right off the bat, not a room mate who was overly confident, teachers who couldn't do their fucking job, and a broken £4000 vase!